No Thanks To You

Summer was almost over, which meant we had to get as much training in before our lives got overthrown by school. Hawk and I had been hanging out almost constantly, but he and Miguel had decided they were going to see a movie so I was home alone. I was watching Dirty Dancing when someone knocked on my door. That’s weird, dad just left for the night.

I got off the couch, once again grabbing a knife out of the kitchen. It had just become a habit for me. I slowly opened the door, what I was met with shocked me.

“Robby?” I questioned, setting the knife down on a little table by the door

He had tears in his eyes, I instantly pulled him into a hug, he wrapped his arms tight around me, shoving his head in my hair and crying.

“Mom’s back” he whimpered

"What?" I sighed, moving Robby over to the couch and sitting down. I held his head against my chest, letting him relax against me. He was so often concerned with helping me, it was the off chance he let himself get help from me as well “Robby I’m so sorry” I ran a hand through his hair

“She’s going into rehab… Which is good I guess” He mumbled “It just- I wasn’t expecting it”

“Hey, I know. I know, it’s okay” I nodded, leaning back against the couch so he could lie down and rest.

“I love you” Robby shuddered, shoving his face in my shoulders “I’m such a shitty brother”

“Hey….” I pulled his head away so he’d look at me “No you are not. You hear me? You are the best brother I could ask for… You’ve never given up on me. No matter how much shit we get into, I never have to worry about you hating me, which is really saying something with the company we both seem to keep” I joked, making Robby smile reluctantly

“I love you freak” Robby sniffed

“I love you too idiot”

Robby and I stayed on the couch together for a while before he had to take off and go back to the Larusso’s. I was on decent standing grounds with everyone there at the moment. Sam and Mr. Larusso had made their peace with me, nothing had happened since. Even Demetri was starting to trust me again, slowly. Like I said before, little bits of good are found in the rough times, you just gotta look back and find them

~~

The next night the whole gang had been invited to a party at Moons place. I was reluctant to go, but once Aisha mentioned it was just gonna be a chill night, and that I could be confident in my relationship with Hawk in front of Moon, I decided I could smile my way through it.

Almost all the kids from the dojo went, even Bert decided to come. They had drinks there of course, I had asked every member of our gang to make sure I stayed far away from the drinks. A few of us were sitting on one of the couches, just talking amongst ourselves when a large group of people came in, Miyagi-Do kids. I could feel Hawk’s eyes beating down on Demetri, and I had to nudge him to get him to look away.

“What?” he hissed

“Let it be” I sighed “You don’t have to like him, but just… chill okay?”

Hawk nodded reluctantly, leaning back into the couch. I moved onto his lap, leaning against his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist protectively, I couldn’t help but smile because of it. It seemed like there was heat everywhere. Hawk and Demetri, Mitch and Chris. Oh joy. Then of course there was Tory, who had me and Sam to fight with, Miguel and Robby. We need to stop getting into these situations.

“I’m gonna go get drinks” Hawk mumbled “You want an ice tea?”

“Sure babe” I smiled softly, getting off Hawk’s lap.