What I Said

Hawk dragged me to his tattoo artist's place. I had thought about getting one but… it wasn’t the right time for it. Also, you should never make life altering decisions in anger and… Moon was there. That should explain it to you. Hawk had dyed his hair red, and was now getting the blue mohawk on his hawk tattoo… red. I’m pretty sure he slept through half of it.

“There you go brother” the guy nodded as he finished

Hawk blinked a few times as he stood up. I was sitting sprawled out in one of the chairs, cracking my knuckles over and over again.

“Thanks Rico” Hawk nodded

“See you soon man”

“Have a nice nap?” I chuckled

Hawk rolled his eyes with a fond smile, before his eyes scanned over to Moon. Moon walked over to Hawk instantly, her eyes were all over him, I couldn’t stand it. I noticed the moon tattoo above Hawk’s left pec. Oh jesus.

“Did you get that for me?” she asked

“Maybe” Hawk smirked

I rolled my eyes, making a fake gagging motion making them both look at me confused. Moon just spun back around, pulling Hawk into a hot kiss. It was over exaggerated and sloppy. Gross. Kissing is gross. Why do people kiss? I certainly don’t want to kiss… nope… no sir.

“Hey, asshole twins, grab my bag” Hawk turned to Mitch and Chris, who grabbed his bag of course “We’re out”

Hawk held a hand out for me, but Moon grabbed it, pulling it into her like nothing was happening. I rolled my eyes, getting up and crossing my arms over my chest. I'd be lying if I said Moon was ugly, she was gorgeous, exactly the type of person for Hawk… This is driving me up the wall.

“Hey Harley are you-”

“Don’t” I growled at Mitch, storming out of the tattoo parlor.

“Hey- Harley- one sec” I heard Hawk mumble but I was already out the door.

I stormed away to my car, wanting to get some time by myself, but ever frantic Eli came running out behind me.

“I’m fine Hawk” I called back, leaning against my car 

“Yeah? Well now I know you’re not, so spill” he sighed, standing beside me

“I said-”

“Don’t bullshit me! Okay? I’m not Demetri, or your dad, or Bert. I can tell when something’s up with you. Are you feeling sick? Have you eaten-”

“My god! It doesn’t matter! Just go make out with your girlfriend some more okay?!” I shouted, ripping my car door “I’m going home”

“We have karate...” Hawk reminded “And you drove us here...”

I clenched my jaw, cracking my neck and getting in my car. I waited for everyone else to pile in. Usually Hawk would sit upfront with me, but he was in the back with Moon of course, so Mitch was with me. I liked Mitch, he was a bit of a pushover, but he was nice in all.

~~

We got to karate just on time to not be noticed for being late. We all quickly changed and dad decided he was going to spar with Kreese to show us what ‘real fighting’ looked like. As if we didn’t already know.

“You’re a little rusty sensei”

They moved around each other until dad was in a headlock. Dad had been getting better at the whole teaching aspect of things. 

“Okay pay attention, he’s got my neck, I’ve got his elbow. If I try to break out...”

“I dig in and I put him to sleep” Kreese finished 

“If I go for his ribs” dad moved and then froze

“He completely exposes his chest” Kreese moved his knee to dad's chest slowly

“Two difficult choices, what do you do?”

“If you’re fast enough, when you expose your chest you can use the momentum to flip him over your back and onto the ground-”

“Wrong” Kreese cut me off

Dad hooked his legs around Kreeses, sending them both to the ground.

“You damn the consequences and you power forward” Dad finished

“That’s basically what I said-”

“You may get hurt” Kreese cut me off again “but nobody wins by doing nothing”

“You make a choice. You make a move. You go, all in” 

~~

After practice we all went out for dinner. I dunno who was paying, all I know is that it wasn’t me. I hadn’t been making much money lately, too involved in Cobra Kai to find a job. I was walking around with Hawk when we ended up at Chris and Mitch’s table. Hawk instantly took food off his plate, I smacked him in the chest for it.

“That was my last mozzarella stick” Chris gawked

“Gotta pay the vig pledge”

“What does that even mean?” I questioned

Hawk chuckled, shaking his head. Our eyes landed on a disturbed Mitch looking at his phone.

“What’s the matter with you?”

“Yeah Mitch, is something up?” I took a more soft approach 

“There’s something you both should see,” he sighed, handing us his phone.

It was a yelp review about… Cobra Kai? Who the hell would write a review for us? And why?

“Very unprofessional sensei… Does not take into account safety or personal boundaries” Hawk read aloud

“Facility indeed of a major facelift?” I scoffed “Who the hell does this guy think he is?” I growled, getting red

Hawk swiped to see the writer's profile. DMan2002… it’s Demetri. To be honest the three of us weren’t on good terms with each other as it was. But this honestly just seemed like such a petty Demetri move. It had crossed a line.

“You gotta be shitting me” Hawk muttered

“This has got to stop” I groaned

“Agreed” Hawk nodded

“Wait- it’s Wednesday. Demetri’s new comic book is coming out today. He’s probably there” I remembered.

“Then that’s where we’re going” Hawk muttered, gripping onto my wrist like a steel trap, rounding up a few of the boys and taking off.

I looked over at him, you could practically see the smoke coming out of his ears. We had to talk to him, at the least. Whatever Demetri’s feelings towards Cobra Kai were, which… granted he had never had the best luck there, it didn’t give him the right to say all that shit.

-'|'-'|'-'|'-