Hey Squirt

I sat on the bathroom counter staring at my phone again. Nobody was picking up, and it was really starting to worry me. My dad had been gone for a few days. Mr. Larusso wasn’t picking up either, nobody. The only thing I’d gotten was a message from Sam saying Miguel had woken up, but she was ghosting me now too.

“Hey, you done showering?” Hawk asked through the door. I raised an eyebrow, unable to answer him “Oh- right uh… Knock once for yes, and twice for-” I knocked once before he could even finish “M’kay… You better not be on your phone again”

I sighed, getting up and making sure my towel was completely around myself before opening the door, phone in my hand.

“Mhm, thought so” He nodded, taking my phone and walking with me to my bedroom.

Sine Hawk had… kinda moved in, we had rearranged the apartment a little bit. We moved dad's stuff into the smaller room. Since he had barely been home and I was essentially paying the rent. We’d moved all the stuff, I doubted if dad would even notice when he got back.

I started going through my draws, finding a baggy pair of jeans and a random t-shirt. I looked for a comfy t-shirt, not happy with any that I found. I took one from Hawk’s small pile of clothes that he had here.

“You’re adorable” Hawk chuckled

I smiled softly, nodding to him to get him to turn around. He did so, and I quickly changed into my clothes. When I was done, I grabbed a bottle of water, taking a large gulp before cuddling into Hawk’s back, sticking my face in between his shoulder blades.

“Hey you. You wanna try more of that speech therapy shit?” Hawk asked tentatively. I sighed, leaning into him but nodding. Hawk spun around, sitting in front of me, where our knees were touching “M’kay… let’s try with the vowels, you’ve gotten A  and I pretty down so far”

I made the two sounds A makes, as well as I, Hawk smiled proudly at me. I opened my mouth, trying to push more sounds out of my mouth. I managed to get a quiet O, and Hawk grin got bigger.

“Hey! That’s great! Oh I’m so proud of you baby!” he smiled, leaning over and pulling me into his lap “Wanna try any other ones?”

I nodded, taking a deep breath, trying to make an E sound, that had been a hard one so hard. As I started pushing my throat, it hurt a little bit, and strained my vocal chords just a bit. I tried hard until my neck stung and I started coughing.

“Hey hey- whoa, it’s alright” Hawk rubbed my back gently, handing me my water bottle “It’s alright, deep breaths, you’re doing great” He assured. After I got my breath back I took a few sips of water when my phone started ringing.

I looked down at it, and it was Mr. Larusso. I quickly picked up the phone, answering it right away

“Hey Harley, can you tell me if you’re there?” he asked. I made a soft Mm sound, trying to say I was “Great kid, and great job on that… Listen uh… I found your brother” I guess my volume was loud because Hawk’s eyes widened at the same time mine did “He’s uh… he’s turned himself in...” My body fell. He did what? Robby wouldn't do that, he's not that kind of person “I’m so-”

I hung up the phone after that, not wanting to hear any excuses or sorrys Mr. Larusso had for me. I looked over at Hawk, who had a strange expression on his face. Halfway between relieved and sorry. Tears started to brim my eyes and Hawk opened his arms, wrapping them tightly around me, holding me against his chest. He was warm and comforting, but right now all I wanted to do was hug my brother. I wanted to be held in his arms, I wanted him to be the one telling me he would be okay.