Can They?

I was basically completely out of it when we got back to the apartment. Sam felt sick, so did I. Robby knocked on the door, holding me in his arms while Sam leaned against him.

“Hey dad” Robby mumbled

“Hey- Harley did you drink again?” Dad questioned, pulling his body away from the door so we could get in.

“No she didn’t we all made sure of it” Sam slurred as Robby set her and me down on the couch.

“She overexerted herself. Then got trampled by a sea of kids” Robby explained "Sam's the one who drank"

He ran around the apartment like a headless chicken trying to find all the right things to help us. I tried to get up and help him, but he just shoved me back into the couch.

“I’m not a baby” I groaned

“Well if you don’t start eating proper meals again we’re gonna have to figure something out so you do” Robby grumbled, handing me a bag of fishy crackers and a water bottled

“I got the hangover cure, you make sure they don’t fall off the couch-”

Johnny spun around alongside his son to see Halrey and Sam had already passed out on top of each other. They had their arms placed around each other, and neither man knew how to think about it.

“Huh...” Johnny chuckled"

“Still gonna need that hangover cure dad” Robby nodded, patting his dad’s shoulder.

Johnny went into the kitchen to do just that. He watched Robby walk over to the couch, moving the two girls so both of them could lay their heads in his lap. He smiled softly watching Robby take such care of each of them. Being so soft and gentle, something he had never learned to do before

~~

I woke up the next morning, with my head up against someone. I looked over and saw it was Sam. I just decided to stay put, needing the relaxation for all it was worth, plus I had a splitting headache.

“Hey” I heard Robby in the kitchen “Thanks for letting us crash here last night. I mean- it was Harley’s idea but-"

“It’s no problem” Dad mumbled “But look, I’m gonna have to tell Larusso about this. It’s his kid”

“Please don’t” Robby begged “If he sees her like this, it’ll crush him” Robby sighed “Let me take the blame. I’ll say I got drunk and told Sam to bring me here”

Was he really doing that? Wow, he really did care for Sam. It was really sweet, in a sad way, because he was sacrificing himself. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized, I’d do the same thing for Hawk too.

“Johnny?” Mr. Larusso’s voice called through the door

“Oh no” Robby sighed

“Johnny come on, I saw your car outside. I know you’re in there, open up” Mr. Larusso called through the door.

“Alright, bring Sam and Harley into the other room, I got your back” Dad assured

“Johnny?”

I pretended to be asleep while Robby lifted the two of us off the couch and walked us into my room. He set us down on my bed, and I shifted a bit, pretending to wake up.

“Hey” I sighed

“I knew you were awake squirt” Robby smirked

I smiled softly, about to say something when I heard the door slamming and crashing. That can’t be good. Robby and I both looked at each other nervously.

“Sam?"

Sam’s eyes sprung open, and we heard fighting in the main room.

“Is that my dad?” Sam gasped

“Fraid so” I groaned

“Oh shit, shit that’s not good” Sam panicked

“Hey” Robby moved over to Sam, I stood up and stood by the door “Hey it's gonna be okay- thank you Harles-  just calm down Sam, okay?”

“What about your dad?” She looked up at me and Robby. More crashing “What is going on out there?”

“They can both handle themselves” I assured

“Can they?” she asked

We all quickly got up, running out of the room to try and end this. They were moments away from ripping each other's heads off.

“Dad stop!”

“Don’t!” Robby grabbed dad, pulling him away with my help, we kept him held back

“Sam! What happened, are you okay?” Mr. Larusso exclaimed

“Yeah I- I’m fine-”

“Why didn’t you call or text us?"

“Mr. Larusso, it was my fault. I brought her here” Robby cut in

“It was my idea” I added on.

“Wait no- don’t even start” Mr. Larusso scoffed “I gave you a second chance. This whole thing was a mistake. You know, you wanna end up like him? That’s up to you two, come on Sam”

“Please dad-”

“Sam, I don’t wanna hear it. Let’s go” Mr. Larusso pulled Sam out of the apartment

I saw the tears that were being kept in Robby’s eyes. I saw the heat radiating off my dad. Why did Mr. Larusso always have to just… cause problems!?

-'|'-'|'-'|'-

Bit of a shorter chapter, but y'all know what happens next so get excited! Or nervous, you'll find out ;)