I Am Calm

That night I had to have about an hour long shower. Which wasn’t good for our hydra bill. Usually I had like- ten minute showers at the most. But the cement all over my body demanded otherwise. I had a habit of playing music while in the shower, that way it was less likely for me to get lost in my thoughts. 

I thought I heard the front door open, but I figured nothing of it, getting out of the shower and wrapping a towel around myself. I knew dad was at the dojo tonight so I didn’t worry about getting dressed right away. I went into the kitchen to grab a glass of water, but I came face to face with Miguel in out kitchen

“Holy shit! Miguel!?” I clutched my towel, making sure everything was covered

“Oh fuck- Harley I didn’t think anyone was home-  I’m so sorry-”

“What are you doing here!?” I panted, scared out of my mind

“I was just dropping off some extra food, my mom told me to bring and-... well...” It was then I noticed he was holding something in his hands.

When I saw it better I realized it was Robby’s old soccer picture dad kept on the fridge. My eyes widened, reaching forward to snatch away the picture, but my movement was limited in only a towel, and Miguel held it away from me.

“Miguel listen to me-”

“Why the hell, does your dad have a picture of Robby Keene on his fridge!?”

“Miguel-”

“I mean- how did I never see this before!? How did I not know?”

“Dude hold on-”

“I can’t- I can’t believe this- I can’t believe you wouldn’t- ow!” Miguel shut himself up after I punched him in the face

“Will ya shut up and listen to me!” I exclaimed. Miguel sighed, leaning against the counter “Okay… Yes, I know Robby… cause-....” I took a deep breath “Because he’s my twin brother”

“Wait what!?-”

“Ah ah, hey! I’m not done” I stopped him “Yeah he’s my brother, but we’ve basically been separated for years. My mom and dad never got along in the first place, and when they decided to split up for good, mom took Robby, and dad got stuck with me… We’ve really only just got back in contact, and the contact has been few and far between, okay? It’s not like I was keeping it a secret to be malicious or some shit”

“Then why wouldn’t you tell us?” Miguel sighed

“.... Because….. I've never had a group like all you guys. I mean sure I’ve had Dem and Eli-... but not like this… A-and- I couldn’t risk losing you guys” I bit my lip hard, not allowing myself to cry “... yeah” I cracked my neck

Miguel looked at me with a sad look. I didn’t like the pity, but I rathered it then anger. Miguel thought for a second, before opening his arms up. I let out a breath I had been holding in, stepping forwards before freezing.

“I’m still in a towel” I remembered

“Oh- shit right uh-... I’ll- see you tomorrow?” Miguel asked awkwardly

“Yeah” I nodded quickly

With that we both quickly rushed away from each other. Me into my room, Miguel out the door. It collapsed on my bed in an oversized t-shirt, lighting a cigarette right away and staring at the ceiling. I wondered how long it would be until the rest of the guys found out. What would happen? Oh god what’s Hawk gonna think.

~~

The next day a group of us had all decided to meet down at the beach, since we had a day off from training. Of course Hawk had brought the entertainment of a volleyball. So we were deeply into that...