All By Herself

Ladies and gentlemen, and our lovely others, it's been a long year, but finally, we're back. We've all been training non stop, learning every new trick, old tricks and crazy trick there is. We were tired, hungry, and out for blood, and most importantly. We were all ready.

"This sensei and dojo need no introduction! He took the All Valley by storm in 1984 and 85, and quickly became one of the greatest underdogs in the history of the sport. Last year this dojo came out of nowhere and made it to the finals! They've got some new fighters, and they're ready to show the world that they're the best around. Give it up! For Miyagi-Do karate! Led by two time All Valley champion, Daniel Larusso!"

I could hear the crowd cheering from the dressing room. This year the girl's got their own dressing room since there were many more of them, it was weird. I wasn't with any of the guys, although I was glad to be avoiding my dad. Miyagi-Do headed out, of course I was last in the announcement line up, dramatic effect or whatever.

"This next dojo took last year's title. But, they're under new management. Can they reign supreme once more? And last year's runner up, he may be wearing a new gi, but one thing's for sure, Robby Keene and his team are ready to strike! Hailing from Reseda, defending champions, and still the most badass name for a dojo. Here comes, Cobra Kai!"

I watched Robby head out the curtains at the head of the group just after Kreese and Silver. He took one look back at me, but I didn't see it. I was too busy poppin my head off my neck and trying not to have an asthma attack. This is completely ridiculous, I don't even get to fight Robby again, I'm gonna either end up fighting Sam or Tory, neither of those are good, at least I know Sam won't kill me..... I hope.

"This dojo is making their All Valley debut, though you'll recognize a few familiar faces. Every year a new dojo rises up the ranks, does this newcomer have what it takes to win it all? Please welcome, Eagle-Fang karate, led by Sensei Johnny Lawrence!"

The crowd went nuts again as Eagle-Fang jogged out. I was the last one standing there. It was a weird feeling, going out there alone, but it sure as hell would make an impression.

"And finally!" Here we go "In a strange but altogether thrilling turn of events, a fighter who needs no introduction, and one whose legacy is sure to follow her for many more years to come" the crowd already started cheering. Heh, awesome. That made me feel good "You love her, I love her, she's last year's All Valley champ, fighting Unaffiliated! Give it up, for Halrey Lawrence!"

I took a deep breath, and made my way out into the arena. This is what I loved, feeling the mats under my feet, hearing the crowd cheering and the lights on my face. This is what karate was about, about the glory, and the honor. Those five seconds of victory that feel like absolute bliss. I saw a few people in the stands, Anthony and Mrs. Larusso, Moon and Yasmine-.... Mom. Mom's here. Oh wow. I saw all those faces, and sure that was great, but ones I really cared about were all standing down on the mats with me. And I was going to kick their asses.

"At the end of the day, only one of these dojos can be crowned the Grand Champion. Welcome, to the 51st annual, All Valley under 18, karate Tournament! It's karate time"

Once the announcements were done we all got to break off. I was sitting on the sides stretching when I heard some commotion coming from the stands. I looked up to see- my mother is fighting with the security guards. I quickly got up and jogged over to her.

"Oh Harley! Harley hi! Hi honey!" Mom waved at me frantically, still trying to push past the guys, she had something in her hand 

"Guys it's okay, she's my mom" I waved them off

Instantly mom lunged forwards and wrapped her arms so tight around me I prayed I had my inhaler just in case.

"Oh Honey I'm so proud of you! This is so awesome!" she shrieked like mom's do "Harley, baby don't worry" she reached out and held my cheeks in her hands "Don't stress, don't think too much, you're gonna do great. You're gonna do absolutely amazing"