Ex Assholes

Cobra Kai has taken over the Valley, all that they know now is Cobra Kai karate. Terry Silver’s karate. New dojos, new sensei’s, we might be back in the fight now but Cobra Kai never left it, they’ve been training this entire time. We were behind. If this keeps going, everything we’ve been fighting for for years won’t even be a memory. The dojos keep growing, and Cobra Kai’s students keep getting stronger and gaining more and more allies. Something was for sure, Terry Silver was cooking something up, something bigger than we had ever thought of. We have to make a move, otherwise every kid in the Valley’s gonna be forced to choose and side. They were marketing everywhere, everywhere you went someone was enforcing Cobra Kai.

“Grand opening of our new location, you should come check us out” a kind boy said, he had no idea what he was getting into 

I watched Anthony nod and take a shirt, then throw it on the ground. That was when I noticed Kenny and his goons standing behind him, approaching. I quickly ran over as Kenny got up in Anthony’s face.

“You dropped something”

“Hey” I walked over, wrapping an arm around Anthony’s shoulder “We were just leaving”

“You’re lucky LaPusso” Kenny scoffed “Mommy’s here to save you”

“Yeah okay, thank you for that” I nodded, pushing Anthony behind me, away from them “Look kid, I admire your grit, but you wanna prove yourself? Pick a fight against someone who knows karate, otherwise it’s just pathetic”

That got to Kenny, I knew it would, because that’s what would’ve used to get to Robby. I pulled Anthony away from them and we started walking away from the Cobra Kai booths. Once we made it a few blocks away Anthony finally relaxed.

“Thanks Harley”

“No problem, you’re lucky I was nearby” I patted his back “Listen to me though, I don’t want you doing anywhere alone alright? It’s not safe, you call me, or you call Sam or Robby or even Bert, I don’t care. We gotta stick together one this one right? We can’t be doing this on our own, none of us”

“Yeah” Anthony nodded “You got it”

I nodded and took Anthony out for ice cream after that. Cobra Kai wasn’t gonna stop antagonizing us, we knew that, so we had to work together otherwise we’d all be pummeled until there was none of us left. Luckily, Anthony was gonna be able to start fighting his battles soon, because he was coming to practise with us today.

“So, you and Sam back in the dojo, game on right?” Eli grinned as we warmed up

“Yeah game on for karate that’s it” Miguel answered

“Aw come on, I see you staring at her” Eli smirked, making Miguel roll his eyes 

“I thought you guys decided to keep things platonic”

“They did” I sighed, wanting to focus on training

“Yeah well she did, he didn’t” Eli cringed funnily

“Well uh, you know what they say, you put a box of matches near some fireworks, soon enough….” Demetri made an explosion sound “Sparks will fly”

“Yeah, is that what they say?” Miguel unenthusiastically chuckled

“An something tells me it’s about to be the Fourth of July” Demetri mumbled

I followed his eyesight and realized Robby had just walked in. Oh boy, yup, fire indeed. 

“Can’t believe that piece of shit’s on our team-”

“Para!” I smacked Eli’s shoulder, making him jump “Deja de actuar como un bebé. O te patearé el trasero” I warned

“Harley’s right, relax okay?” Miguel sighed “He wants exactly what we want, it’s gonna be okay”