Boyfriend Material

After the presentation was done we were all sent home. Actually we were all going over to the Larusso’s house for pizza. Our dad’s and Sensei Toguchi were staying behind to see what the results were, dad was gonna text me as soon as they figured it out. We were all sitting in the livingroom, everyone else was over in the kitchen with Mrs. Larusso and Anthony making pizzas, the five of us couldn’t even think about eating until we knew what the answer was. I was laying in Eli's lap, with my feet over both Robby and Miguel's laps, while Eli ran his fingers through my hair. As soon as my phone went off I was jumping out of my seat and checking the message.

“What does it say?!” Eli rushed me

“It-..... it says that they were very impressed” 

“Ah shit” Miguel sighed

“But-”

“Oh but is good”

“But’s usually bad”

“Well yeah but isn’t it good this time? If they weren’t impressed?”

“But what if they actually were impressed?”

“I dunno how they couldn’t be, we did great-”

“Guys!” I shouted, getting them all to shut up “It says that they couldn’t decide so they want two matches, us vs Cobra Kai. One girls match, and one boys”

The room fell silent. I looked around at everyone, all the boys were staring at each other. I could feel Sam staring at me, but I was too scared that if I looked at her I'd end up getting punched in the face. Two matches, and now we've got all the best boy's on our side, who are they gonna put up against any of us? Kenny? Kyler? Yeah right. Tory on the other hand….. she'd beaten both Sam and I, more than once, she was good. I finally got enough courage to look over at Sam, but she was gone. 

"Sam!-" Miguel called after her as she ran upstairs "I- I should go talk to her-"

"Actually, let me" I stopped him, shoving my phone back in my pocket

"You sure that's a good idea Harles?" Robby asked

"Yeah babe, you and Sam…… you're almost worse than beavis and butthead over here" Eli pointed at both Robby and Miguel, who both smacked him up the back of the head in tandem

"I know" I nodded "But….. I have faith that our….. few moments of levelness together will….. level this out" I trailed off, heading upstairs

I can't remember the last time- oh wait no it was prom. Jeez even that feels like way too long ago. I think that was one of the last times Sam and I had had a full conversation. Ever since she's spent all summer finding herself and shit, we haven't had time to talk. I figured I should probably knock on the door, but I didn't wanna run the risk of her turning me away, so I just walked in. Sam instantly looked over at me, I smiled wearily at her. 

"Surprise" I grinned 

"What?" Sam sniffed, curling into a ball on her bed

"Okay, you can't seriously be crying" I deadpanned "I haven't said a word and you're already crying, come on Sam, you're better than this"

"Are you kidding me?" Sam stared up at me in shock "Harley if you're just gonna-"

"I came to talk" I held my hands up in defense "I just need you, to not be so……. This" I gestured to her face, sitting down and wiping the tears from under her eyes "Why'd you run away?"

"Because!" Sam exclaimed in a whiny tone, I gave her a look and she stopped, taking a deep breath "Because I didn't wanna fight"

"Good, neither do I" I nodded, giving her a smile, which she half heartedly returned "I know we haven't really had a chance to talk, ya know….. since you've been off finding yourself, which by the way, I hope you found you don't hate me, cause I'm kinda sick of walking on eggshells"