Atta Girl

Training of course became harder the better Miguel and I got. He had started getting really really good, I had to work harder to keep up with him some days, but then later I'd come back the next day, and kick his ass. Miguel and I were at the dojo sparring. I had him in a headlock and he was trying to break out.

"What's the second rule of the way of the fist?"

Miguel swung an elbow back, hitting me in the chest making me let go of him.

"Strike hard" Miguel answered

"That's right"

"That was a cheap shot" I accused

"There's only one reason to hit someone" My dad continued

"Self defense- gah!" As I punched at Miguel my dad stepped forwards, spinning me around until my back crashed on the floor

"To inflict pain" my dad corrected "Striking hard is about giving your all"

I shoved my dad off of me. Miguel held a hand down to help me up, I reluctantly took it. Miguel smirked, nudging me, I nudged him back playfully. The bell at the front door opened, someone walked in.

"What the hell- no yoga till 5, no matter how bad you need it" my dad told

"Aisha!" I exclaimed, bounding over and pulling her into a hug "Hey, what's up?"

"I'm- I'm actually here for karate" she smiled nervously "I saw your website, it said that there was supposed to be a session today"

"I appreciated you coming, but there are no girls in Cobra Kai"

"Uh- hello?"

"Why not?" Aisha asked

"Same reason there aren't women in the army. Doesn't make sense"

"Uh- sensei I need to show you something in the office" Miguel sighed

Miguel pulled my dad off to the office, I debated going after them. I turned back to Aisha, I honestly felt bad for her.

"Hey, don't take anything he says personally okay? I don't" I nudged her

Well... not that that was completely true, there were quite a few things my dad said that I took to heart. Speaking of, my stomach growled, I tried to cover it up with a cough.

"You didn't eat at lunch again, I saw you" Aisha spoke up "You haven't been eating in a while"

"I'm okay" I stopped her "I eat enough"

"Doesn't seem like it-"

"I said I'm okay Aisha" I became a bit more firm "Honestly"

She gave me a sad look, I knew she didn't believe me. I just prayed she wouldn't tell anyone, especially Eli. I don't know why, but out of everyone, I wanted him to know the least.

"Okay, take off your shoes. Hop on the mat" my dad ordered

I looked at him confused. I'd never seen anyone change his mind so quickly. Aisha smiled, taking off her shoes and walking over. I quickly moved over to Miguel.

"Whatd you say to him?" I whispered

"Reminded him that she's a paying customer" he responded

"Ah"

"Don't give me that.You know, all emotional, loud, complain-y... never letting you finish a sentence" my dad ranted

"Well i know a few guys who act just-"

"Quite!" he shouted

"Oh boy" I rolled my eyes

My dad started to pace. He was trying too hard, he really didn't know what he was doing, but a small part of me was proud he was attempting.