Pinning

I was heading home from lunch, mom had driven me but I figured it was better if I walked a bit of the way and she agreed. I rounded the corner to our apartment when I saw Robby and Dad standing outside together. 

“See that’s the difference between you and me. You put all your trust in Kreese. I don’t trust anyone anymore. I’m just using Cobra Kai to get what I want” Robby spat. God he's already this far down the rabbit hole?

“Yeah I’m sure you think that, but I’m telling you you’re playing with poison. You don’t know the whole story” Dad tried to help

“I know enough” Robby assured “And I know what’s been holding me back. Because for as long as I can remember, I’ve been afraid, afraid that I would end up like you. But I’m not gonna have that fear again. Because I’m better than you”

“Oh yeah” I spoke up, making both of them whip their heads around to notice me finally “A snarky, moody, hot headed highschool dropout, who thinks that making everyone afraid of him will make all his fears go away” I scoffed as Robby’s face fell “You’re not like dad at all” I walked forwards towards the door,  Robby’s was in my way so I just walked straight up to him “Get off our lot, or I’m gonna make you”

“You really still think you’re better than me?” Robby glared, taking one step closer and completely flooding my space.

~

The two boys snickered, I stood up, roudhousing him in the face. Then jumping up and kicking the other in the face so they’d shut up.

“You still got the moves” Robby nodded

“Yeah, had to stay better than you, didn't I?” I grinned

“Don’t make me show you up” he pointed, grinning like me.

“I’d love to see you try” I smirked.

~

“Oh yeah” I grinned “The only difference is, I don’t have to prove it to you, or myself. I just know”

Robby’s face grew redder than a zit, he took a swing at me, it was obviously blinded by rage attack. I bent down, sending a punch to his gut and foot sweeping him simultaneously, keeping my balance and adding the power. How’s that for some Miyagi-Fang shit. Robby landed on his back, staring up at me like I had just told him Santa Claus doesn’t exist. All I offered him was a shrug before walking past him towards my dad.

“How’s dinner going?” I asked dad

“I-It’s uh- it’s started”

“Good, you want any help?”

“Sure, yeah uh- yeah sure” Dad continued to full

I didn’t turn around or spare Robby any more of my time, I just walked into the apartment and dad shut the door, not sure what else to do. I walked into the kitchen to see what dad was making. I turned back to him to see he was staring at me in disbelief.

“That was uh-.... That was pretty tough of you kid”

“Thanks dad” I smiled as he walked over. Dad came up to me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder, he had no idea how to react and I had to stop myself from laughing at him. I wrapped my arms around him to hug him properly “I’ll be okay dad, I can handle Robby or any of those other Cobra Kai jerkoffs”

“Good” Dad nodded “We’re gonna need you kid. You and Miguel, it’s all gonna come down to you two”

I sighed, and just kept hugging him. I started thinking of a Led Zeppelin song, focusing on the lyrics instead of thinking about the tournament. Dad needs to get his mind off it too, we all do. Luckily, we’re all gonna go to the drive-in tonight, yay date night! Double date night actually, we're picking up Demetri and Yasmine.

~~

So we all piled into my car. The rest of the gang were there too, we were just in different cars. I still don’t love Yasmine, we’ve got a lot of beef and she’s never really apologized, but she’s kind to Demetri and does seem to genuinely like him, so I’m just supervising from a far really. I still stand by what I said, If she hurts him I’ll kill her.

“I still can’t believe you never told me you got a tattoo on your ribcage” Demetri was staring dead at movie but he was obviously distracted

“Oh grief- did Miguel tell you about that?” I chuckled, shifting on Hawk’s lap in the passenger seat

“Oh- Harley…. Don’t” Hawk mumbled quietly, dropping his face which was as red as his hair

“Hm? Don’t what?” I smirked, doing it a bit more purposefully now

“H-Harley-” Hawk groaned, craning his head back to his it in the seat

“Harley you’re gonna kill the poor boy” Yasmine grinned, leaning in from the backseat over Demetri’s shoulder

“Oh like you don’t torture Demetri every chance you get” I shot back, leaning over towards her for- I don’t even know

Yasmine smirked, leaning over as well until we both started laughing. Demetri and Hawk were both staring at us, either in shock or entertained, but they were both red faced and embarrassed that’s for sure.

“I always forget you two are bisexual” Demetri spoke up

“Yeah- me too” Hawk gulped

We started laughing even more, okay, so maybe I am starting to get along with Yasmine more than I care to admit. Hawk and Demetri both groaned, Hawk shifted around under me, trying to reach the door handle since we were all kind of sprawled around the car.

“Okay, snack break”

“Oh I’m out of money” I cringed

“Well aren’t you lucky that I was planning on paying for you anyways princess” Hawk smiled, wrapping an arm around my waist and lifting me up as he jumped out of the car.

“Would you like anything my Queen” We watched Demetri with Yasmine, these guys are- almost more cringey then we are

“Diet coke, and a snickers” She leaned over, nipping the end of his nose

Hawk almost started laughing, I elbowed him in the waist to get him to shut up, even if I was laughing too. Demetri jumped out of the car with the most dopey star struck look in the world. I rolled my eyes, wrapping my arm around his shoulder and Hawk’s as we all walked to the concession stand.

“You guys remember when we could only fantasize about this stuff?” Demetri questioned

“Oh I remember, you were drooling over Yasmine for years” I snickered

~

 I saw Eli moving out of the corner of my eye. He moved his knuckle up to his nose, covering his scar. It was what he always did when he was nervous. I nudged his leg under the table, making him look over at me. I offered him a soft smile, that he half returned before turning back to his food.

“I don’t care if Yasmine is the meanest girl at school, I’d kill all of you just to get her to spit in my face” Demetri ranted

“My suspicions are confirmed, Demetri is a bottom” I smirked, making Eli giggle quietly.

Demetri rolled his eyes, shoving me across the table lightly, making me laugh even more.

~

“Aye, for your information you and Eli were pinning after each other before you even knew it” Demetri said matter of factly

“We still weren’t as bad as you man” Hawk laughed

“Whatever, Yasmine can have anything she wants in my book, I’m not one ot refuse a goddess”

“Trophy husband!” I coughed, quickly unhinging my arm from Demetri’s shoulder to make it seem like a real cough

“What?”

“Oh- oh nothin- Trophy Husband!” I did it again, this time they both heard

“Harley!”

I quickly ran away while Demetri chased after me, Hawk was laughing his ass off watching us. I was fast, but now that Demetri had grown in his coordination, he was definitely faster. 

-'|'-'|'-'|'-