All Of You

After driving Demetri home I met up with Hawk outside, and we headed over to Miguel’s, who was already home. Carmen was quick to give us all ice packs, we had only been home for a few minutes before someone knocked on the door. I perked with interest, who else would it be this late at night.

“Hey” I heard my dad’s voice, making me nervous “What happened?” Carmen slowly opened the door, revealing the three of us standing in the apartment, Migurl and I all bloody. Dad looked like he-.... He was red “What happened”

“It was the Cobra Kai” Carmen sighed

Dad didn’t say another word, he just turned on his heels. I scrambled away from Hawk’s arms, dodging everything else in my way to run after him.

“Dad!” I shouted, running up to him and latching onto his arm “Dad please don’t” I whimpered “Please- please just stay, I don’t want you to get hurt dad please” I begged

Dad turned to me, leaning down a pressing a soft kiss to the top of my head. He pulled me into a tight hug, I heard feet behind us, I obviously knew who it was, but I didn’t wanna let go of him.

“I’ll be okay kid” Dad mumbled, causing a scared whimper to fall from my lips. Dad pulled away from me, as a new pair of arms wrapped themselves around me “You take care of her”

“I will” Hawk nodded

“Dad please-.... Please” I whimpered

“I’ll be home soon Harles” Dad assured, still walking to his car “I promise”

Dad turned, getting into the cra and ricing off, I knew exactly where he was going. I collapsed against Hawk, the emotions of the right finally catching up with the adrenaline and I couldn’t take it anymore. Hawk held me up with him, letting me lean against him.

“I know where he’s going” I croaked “He’s going to the dojo- he’s gonna see Robby- what if-.... What if they get him?” 

“They won’t” Carmen assured, coming outside with Miguel “Your dad is a strong man”

“Kreese knows his weaknesses” I gulped, sucking back tears “Robby and I- we’re his kryptonite, he-..... I can’t lose them- I can’t”

“You’re not losing anyone” Hawk assured “Not a chance” Hawk held me close to him, which was good because otherwise I would’ve fallen over 

“Hawk why don’t you….. Take Harley back to her place” Miguel suggested

“Hmm?” Hawk looked down at me for confirmation, I nodded “See you in the morning?”

“Yeah man” Miguel nodded, the two of them pulling each other in for a one armed hug

Hawk slowly helped me make my way towards my apartment. We got inside and the both of us instantly collapsed on the couch. Hawk attempted to get up, but I held him so tight he could barely move.

“Harles- you gotta- the blood-”

“In the morning” I mumbled “I-.... I just….”

I trailed off, not knowing what to say. Hawk nodded, readjusting the two of us were in a better position. Hawk laid back against the couch, with me in between his legs, resting against his chest. Hawk ran a slow gentle hand through my hair, I got lost in the feeling, it was like nothing had changed. But it had…. A lot had changed, and I was restless.

“Harley!” that’s probably why. Miguel came barging through the door with- with Sam “Mr. Larusso went to the dojo”

My eyes widened, I turned to look back at Hawk, who didn’t have any fear on his face, a prick of concern but not much else.

“Go- go I’ll stay” 

I nodded, quickly jumping to my feet and running out with Miguel and Sam. We ran down to the dojo, it took longer but there was so much adrenaline between the three of us it wasn’t safe to drive. We saw the dojo around the block, it looked like a window had been smashed open. There they were, the three reasons we were all in this mess to begin with.

“Dad!”

Sam and I both shouted, seeing the two of them standing across from Kreese, it looked like Mr. Larusso was an inch away from killing him, a part of me wanted him to just do it.

“You keep your Cobra Kais, away from our kids!” Mr. Larusso seethed, lowering his hands 

“It’s a free country” Kreese shot back

“Not for you” Dad muttered “Cobra Kai’s gotta go. For good”

“Why don’t we settle this the old fashioned way?” Kreese offered, that can’t be good “Tournament…. We lose, I go” Krees stated “If you lose….”

“We won’t lose” Dad assured 

Sam, Miguel and I made our way towards our dads. They looked beat up, but Kreese looked the worst, which was good.

“You okay Sensei?” 

Dad just nodded. Suddenly Robby came out of nowhere, with a bruise on his forehead, he must’ve gotten hit in the crossfire. 

“Robby” Dad sighed with relief, but….. He stood with Kreese

“Get out of here” Robby muttered “All of you”

I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. I felt like I was gonna vomit, and I probably would have if I had anything in my stomach to puke up.  No one said anything, neither Mr. Larusso or dad made an attempt to stop this. This can’t be happening.

“Come on son” Kreese held Robby’s shoulder 

I know he only said it like that to get at dad. Kreese slowly walked Robby inside, I tried everything in my power to stop myself, but I lept forwards, bounding towards Robby and wrapping my arms around him. I don’t even know where the tears came from, but they were there.

“Robby….” I shuddered, praying to whoever was listening that he would just say something “Robby please….”

I felt a spike of pain in my ribs, sending me back onto the floor, panting for air as Robby turned around, staring down at me with no emotion whatsoever.

“All. Of you”

And he walked away. He left, like it was nothing, like it was easy. Maybe it was…. Maybe it didn’t matter if Robby and I were twins, maybe it didn’t matter how much I cared about him or loved him. Maybe Robby was right all along….. Maybe I was just a freak to him.

-'|'-'|'-'|'-