Badass

Of course, all the Cobra Kai boys showed up for soccer tryouts. Soccer was the big thing at our school so that didn’t surprise me. It was basically like gym, everyone had to do it. I never complained, I liked it. We all showed up in our big squad, Hawk kept me at his side the whole time. I smiled over at Demetri and Sam on the bleachers, I was glad those two had become good friends.

“Hey” I stopped Hawk, turning him to face me “No-....” I took a deep breath, I was glad Hawk was patient with me “No, f-... fi- fight-” 

Haw sighed, nodding his head and pulling my head into his chest, kissing the top of it. I giggled, shoving away from him playfully. He gave me a snarky look and started to chase me. I laughed as I ran from him, but I only got so far, until my lungs started burning and I was coughing.

“Hey hey hey” Hawk stopped, holding onto me as I had yet another coughing fit “Hey get a water bottle, now” Hawk demanded. 

One of the boys quickly went to get one and handed it to me. We slowly made out way over to the bleachers, I sat down as slowly took sips of the water, Hawk gently rubbed my back

“I think you might wanna sit this one out babe, especially if you wanna be good for karate remember?”

I nodded softly, agreeing with him. Drinking a bit more water and leaning back against the cold metal benches. I debated taking a cigarette out of my pocket. I couldn’t remember the last time I smoked but I used to, when things were bad and my life hadn’t become crazy with karate chaos and a psychotic boyfriend. Seems kinda like a dumb idea now. As the gym teacher blew the whistle, Hawk set a gentle kiss to my lips and headed out to play.

The soccer game was… let’s just say for once we didn’t strike first. The Miyagi-Do kids were tripping us and knocking into us. I was actually quite amused by their initiative to fight back, no doubt it was Sam’s idea. Hawk still got lots of goals, he was still good at soccer. They had to make every physical contact look like an accident, and they did… Hawk on the other hand.

“Take it easy on the physical contact!” the gym teacher shouted when Hawk shoved one of the boys

I had to hold back a snicker as I watched. Demetri ran beside Hawk, I couldn’t hear what they were saying, but I was worried, Demetri being Demetri… enough said. But Hawk was the one who ended up on the grass… And Demetri used the same move Hawk did at the mall. Very good.

“Hey!” the ref shouted, blowing her whistle again

Rickenberger made a jump at Demetri as he ran away with a confident look, but Hawk stopped him. Maybe he’s coming back to his senses… eh, wishful thinking. A few minutes later, Hawk hit Demetri with a headbut, while trying to headbut the ball… point proven. He showed off with the ball, all the way into the net. Low blow… but sexy. Even Sam and Demetri got in some good kicks… before they all got sent to the principal’s office. Will any of us ever learn? Probably not

~~

We all stood in a group outside of Counselor Blatt’s office. Demetri had a rolled up piece of kleenex in his nose, thanks to a trip from Rickenberger, leaving him with a bloody nose, though granted everyone was bruised up. 

I stood beside Demetri, leaning against him, yawning every once in a while. My sleeping and eating habits had been better, especially since Hawk virtually moved in, but as I said before, sleeping means… not being asleep anymore.

“Tired?” Sam asked

I nodded softly, Demetri wrapped an arm around my shoulder, I looked up at him with a soft smile. I took Demetri for granted too often, and I regretted it.