My Junior Prom

Of course the school went all out for it. Eli and I were on the dance floor for half the night, we were full blown dancing, like it was choreographed or some shit, but shit did it feel good. I had no clue that Eli knew how to dance, but he really did! He wasn’t even that clumsy, I was more clumsy than he was.

“Okay- I am out of breath” I panted, holding onto Eli’s jacket to keep me up

“Oh- uh…. Here” Eli smiled, taking out- my extra inhaler from his pocket

“My knight in shining armor” I smiled, taking a puff before looking over to the side of the room “Okay, we need to go consol Demetri, he looks miserable, also my feet hurt”

“Oh well allow me”

Eli scooped me up in his arms, walking us away from the dance floor, I was laughing my ass off. We headed over to the side of the room where Demetri was standing idly with a glass of punch.

“Hey man, how are you holding up?” I sighed as Eli put me down

“Oh ya know” Demetri fished for something to say “Hey- I uh…. I heard Logan Wang’s after party was canceled cause his little brother got in some middle school fight”

“Is that supposed to make yourself feel better?” Eli questioned “That everyone else’s night is ruined?”

“Yeah” Demetri nodded “It’s literally the definition of misery loves company”

Poor guy, I mean- none of us ever really planned on going to prom, but Demetri really got his hopes up after he started dating Yasmine. Not that I blame her, having divorced parents is a nightmare, but right now I feel more bad for-

“Demetri!”

We all turned out heads up. There in all her ridiculously overpriced blonde and red dressed glory, was Yasmine.

“Oh my-.... Jessica Rabbit” Demetri gawked, instantly going over to her and wrapping his arms around her “What- what’re you doing here!?”

“I just flew in” She smiled

“W-what about your dad’s wedding?”

“Oh I’ll get back in time” Yasmine assured, cause she could afford the instant plane ride “You’re more important. I even flew economy plus, which is total shit, the seats don’t even lie flat” she complained cause….. Ya know….

“Wow” Demetri gasped “You really do like me huh?”

“Oh you have no idea” Yasmine grinned, pulling Demetri into a very elusive kiss

I smiled, leaning back against Eli, he smiled happily for our friend, with his arms wrapped around my shoulders. This was the perfect night. 

“Come on let’s go dance” Yasmine didn’t have to beg him too hard

“Yes my Queen” See?

The two of us laughed as Demetri was dragged onto the dance floor by his temptress. I leant back a little more but my foot gave out and I tripped, for the billionth time.

“Ugh! Okay I give up! I don’t care if it’s fucking tradition, or if it’s femanine or whatever, I’m done with the goddamn heels!” I shouted, kicking them off my feet. Eli was laughing, I looked up at him confused “What?”

“There she is” Eli smirked, wrapping his arms around my waist “Almost thought I lost you for a second there princess”

“Shut up and dance with me” I rolled my eyes, grabbing Eli by his tie

“Yes ma’am”

The rest of the night was a blast. The four of us danced around without one care in the world. Eli and I were like window curtains in the wind, we just flowed together and it looked amazing, Demetri mostly just smiled while Yasmine danced around him like the pole he was. But he was having a great time. Not to mention the loss of heels was a great addition to the night, I could actually move around freely.