It's Gonna Be Alright

Everything after that was a bit of a blur. I remembered Cobra Kai saying they were going to open up new dojo’s and become some kind of a franchise, honestly you do you Silver sweetheart, I knew we wouldn’t be getting rid of you. I went and changed, Mr. Larusso left instantly to go and find Sam, after Anthony and Mrs. Larusso also congratulated me. A lot of people congratulated me but it was just a lot of blurry faces that I can barely remember. I didn’t see Robby, but I understood that he was probably avoiding us to save his own neck. 

Mr and Mrs. Moskowitz had to practically drag Eli and Demetri away from me so they could take the two boys out for a celebratory dinner. They invited me to go with them but dad got all awkward and stand-offish so I denied the invitation. Besides Eli’s parents are going on a trip, he’ll be all mine for a while. 

Anyway the reason why I’m telling you all this is so you aren’t like ‘what the fuck where’s Eli!?’ when I tell you that me and dad went for a nice victory drive, screaming Nirvana and ACDC at the top of our lungs, with the first place trophy securely in the back seat.

“Since when are you a good singer?” I laughed

“Since always, where do you think you got it from?” dad scoffed

I laughed more as dad stopped the car somewhere, I guess I wasn’t paying attention to where we were going because if I was I definitely wouldn’t have told dad to go to the told dojo. But nonetheless here we were. It still looks as good as the day we bought it…. Okay maybe it’s a little cleaner, but the outside still looks more or less the same. Except for, ya know, the giant for lease signs

“Dad what’re-...... what’re we doing here?” I asked

“I dunno I just-.....” dad rubbed the back of his neck “I mean, this is where it all started right?”

A soft smile fell on my face, and I nodded my head softly. We both got out of the car, dad wrapped an arm around my waist to help me walk into the dojo, luckily his key still worked. It was empty, completely, empty. Nothing was left except for a few words painted on the main wall. Words that had both motivated and haunted both my dad and I for years. But somehow, now they were nostalgic. Suddenly the door bells went off, and we both turned around, to see Robby walking through the door, back in his street clothes just like us. 

“Robby?” dad and I chorused

I stayed with dad, even though my first instinct was to run to him, I wasn’t sure how much more I could do on my leg, so I continued to lean against dad. Robby looked- he looked really upset.

“What’s going on?” dad questioned, he must’ve noticed it too

“I followed you” he mumbled 

“What happened here?” I asked

“Moving to a new location” Robby answered, walking a little closer, almost hesitantly “Multiple locations I think”

“You kicked ass today” Dad nodded, fighting for words “Could’ve gone either way”

“Yeah, thanks” Robby nodded “Though, not as good as Harley did” Robby chuckled breathlessly

“Yeah well, I also got my ass kicked” I snickered, before stopping myself and focusing on Robby again. 

Man, he really looked bothered. Dad started to walk closer to him, I let dad go so the two of them could have a moment.

“Hey, it’s just a match. Don’t let it each you up, trust me”

“It’s not that” Robby shook his head, his eyes getting more glossy by the second “It’s this kid, Kenny….. I thought I could take him under my wing. Be the mentor I wish I had when I was younger….. Like I wanted to be for Harley, ya know?” I kinda sounded like a jab at dad, but it wasn’t, it was just the truth “But when I saw him today it uh-...... It’s like looking in a mirror” Robby’s voice was a haunted whisper, you could feel the pain in the room “And I realized I screwed everything up” Finally, a tear fell from Robby’s eyes, and his walls finally, after all these years, started to break apart “I had all this hate inside of me, for you and for Miguel- a-and eventually Harley….. And I thought I could use Cobra Kai to control that, but it just made things worse and now it’s never gonna get better”