Unstoppable Together

Next day at practice was definitely going to be interesting. Because Mr. Larusso was leading the Eagle-Fangs today. Still very lucky that I learned some Miyagi-Do karate beforehand so I know a little bit of what to expect. But, before that, Miguel was still losing his mind over what happened last night at dinner.

“Dude you spilled a glass of wine, so what?” Hawk tried to be helpful

“I dunno man, should’ve heard the way Mr. Larusso was talking about Sam’s future. I can’t even afford a car let alone college. What if they start to think I’m not good enough for her?”

“Dude, you’re El Serpiente! Just show Mr. Larusso what you’re made of!” Hawk encouraged, making Miguel smile “I know you’re gonna crush whatever he throws at us today”

Slight sidetrack here, but hearing Hawk say things in Spanish is so hot. He and I had both started taking Spanish, and boy was I happy about it. Well- actually Eli's been taking it for a while now, but now I actually know what he's saying.

“And besides, with all the praising words from my father, you’ll always be better than me” I smirked

“Hey how’re you feeling last night after puk-”

I instantly elbowed Miguel in the side, making him shut up. I made the dumb mistake of looking over at Hawk instantly after, which let him know I was hiding something. Damn it! Luckily, Mitch saved me.

“Ya know compared to Sensei Lawrence’s training, today’s gonna be a vacation”

“Who’s going on vacation?” Mr. Larusso came out of nowhere

“Uh- no one” Miguel answered quickly “What do ya got for us today Mr. Larusso?”

“Come here” he waved us over

Everyone took off instantly, he was taking us over towards the koi pond. Oh no, we better not be doing that circle exercise again. I went after Miguel but someone grabbed my wrist, stopping me from going further. I turned back and saw….. Who else?

“Did you eat breakfast?” Hawk asked gently. I thought about lying, but that never ends well, I speak from experience, so I shook my head “After this I have some fishy crackers in my bag okay? And we can talk?”

“Do we have to?” I sighed

“Yeah” Hawk nodded, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as we followed after everyone to the koi pond

“Tough love huh?” I sighed again

“Mhm” Hawk grinned, pressing a kiss to my forehead

Of course we missed half of the things Mr. Larusso said as we were talking, but I think we got the jist of it as we finally got to the koi pond.

“Today’s lesson is simple. Catch a fish” Mr. Larusso stated plainly “But since I know you Eagle Fangs like a little bit of competition, we’re gonna make it interesting. So the first to succeed, will have the honor…. Of leading class all week” Everyone just stared at him. I was fine with that, but…. No one else was “And you also get to pick out what flavor gatorade I buy next”

“Oh hell yeah! Hope you all like Glacial Freeze” Mitch grinned

“Okay where are the rods?” Miguel asked

“Back in my garage,” Mr. Larusso smirked. “Your bare hands are all you’ll use and all you’ll need” Everyone was confused, but they didn’t have time to question it because “On your mark, get set…. Go!”

We all raced to the side of the pond, all kneeling at the edge of it and reaching our hands in to try and grab one of them. I knew there was going to be more to this exercise, we’ll just see what happens.