Ha-Hawk

The next morning a huge group of us had all gathered in one of the popular strip malls in Reseda and started up a car wash to raise money. We had cars all over the place, Sam had helped me organize it and we brought as many of our friends as we could. Hawk had wanted to go back to the hospital to see Miguel, which was just as well because I didn’t want him starting any fights.

I worked with Demetri a lot, and yes there may have been a little bit of recreating old showdown scenes from cheesy westerns. With spray bottles of course. It was a hot day, still being on the tail end of summer, which meant the stereotypical girls in bikinis. I did not participate in that trend unfortunately, I was quite happy matching swim trunks with Demetri. Even Moon had brought the cheerleading team.

“Hey! Could we be next?” a few teenage boys drove up

I rolled my eyes, they were only here for the girls. I nudged Chris, pointing to the guys, he gave me a nod before walking over.

“Sure thing!” he grinned, climbing up onto the car, covered in soap “You want the full wash and wax or just the wash?”

The boys' faces made me laugh. I was glad I was able to do that again. I went and collected the money from the surprised boys, who now had to sit there and face the fury of Chris. I gave the money to Nathaniel as my phone went off, I quickly wiped off my hands to answer the phone call from Hawk

“Mmm”

“Hey baby girl, Miguel was feeling tired so me and the guys went for a bike ride” Did I mention a few of the guys had gotten motorbikes now? Cause they did… yes okay I sold my car and got one too, sue me “We’re gonna come down and see you okay? See you soon” Hawk hung up before I could… well I couldn’t answer anyway.

I just continued helping to clean some cars when I heard the sounds of motorcycles. I smiled seeing the guys pull up. I quickly rushed over, Hawk smiled down at me, wrapping his arms and me.

“Hey girl, how's it going?” Mitch asked

I gave him a thumbs up and he nodded with a weary smile. What was that for?

“They’re literally using Miguel as their poster child” Hawk muttered

Oh… that’s what.

“He’s not Miyagi-Do. They think they can get away with that?” Mitch grumbled

“They won’t” Hawk assured

I tried to get Hawk’s attention to stop him, but it had been a lot harder to get him to listen recently, of course. And when Hawk was set on something, he was nailed down. They drove off on their bikes before I could do anything.

News press came down to the car wash, which was pretty cool. Sam had made me stand with her while they interviewed her, even if I couldn’t say anything. Not to get it in my head, but being on tv was pretty cool.

~~

Later that day dad was hanging out at Sam’s house. No matter how much we fought in the past we always managed to get along in the end… somehow. We were just watching Back to the Future when the doorbell rang. We both got up to answer it, seeing the guys from Miyagi-Do. The whole gang

“Hey what’s up?” Sam asked

“Is your dad here?” Chris asked

“No, he’s at work, why?” Sam questioned

“Cobra Kai took the money and...” Demetri trailed off

Nathaniel stepped out from behind them. His shirt was all torn up and his face was bloody, where the hell were his glasses?

“They kicked the fucking shit out of me!” he exclaimed

My mouth fell open, a short noise came out of it, I covered my mouth in shock. Sam looked over at me along with everyone.

“Harley, did you know about this?”

I shook my head as frantically as I could, making it very fucking clear that I had no idea. Demetri stepped forward, holding his arms out, holding my shoulders.

“Hey, it’s okay, we believe you” he assured

I gulped, nodding my head. I quickly moved away from everyone. I didn’t deserve to be here. I grabbed my jacket and raced to the door.

“Whoa- Harley where are you going?” Sam tried to stop me.

I spun around with an angry look on my face. Everyone stared at me, their faces looked scared to say the least. I opened my mouth, my voice straining as I fought for words. Demetri was about to stop me but I got it out.

“Ha- Hawk” my voice was scratchy and horse.

I stormed past everyone, getting out on my bike and racing off to the apartment.

~~

I raced into my apartment, Hawk was sitting on the couch eating chips. When he saw me he stood up with a smile, I stormed straight up to him and clocked him in the face, hard.

“Ow! Harley what the hell was that for!?”

“Y-... yo-”

“Whoa whoa whoa- Don’t do tha-” Hawk tried to stop me but I shoved him back into the couch

“M-... Mo-......” I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and focusing “Mon- Money”

Hawk’s body deflated. He had a guilty look on his face, not making eye contact with me. I stood in front of him, crossing my arms, staring him down until he gave me an answer.

“Look- Miyagi-Do had no right to make money off of Miguel’s injury” he started “They shouldn’t have gotten the credit-”

I held up a hand to silence him. I rushed over to the kitchen, grabbing a notebook and quickly scribbling something down ‘So what? You all get the credit for doing jack shit?’. I shoved the paper in Hawk’s face. He read it, letting out a breath.

“They’re the enemy-” I smacked him up the side of the head, he dodged it “Okay-... fuck…. I’m sorry” He sighed

I relaxed, nodding my head, leaning over to gently kiss his temple. I started writing down again ‘You’re gonna give the money back’. He read it and groaned, but I gave him a look and he shut up.

“No mercy is just…. Not in your vocabulary huh?” He chuckled

I couldn’t help but smile. I shook my head fondly leaning into Hawk to get some rest. We slept on the couch together most nights. I don’t know why, it just felt nicer

-'|'-'|'-'|'-