A New Era

And beguin it did. God it felt good to be back with everyone. I mean- I was literally standing beside Demetri and Hawk, and they weren’t trying to kill each other. That’s the best win I could ever ask for.

“Uh…. Begin what, exactly?” Demetri questioned

Dad and Mr. Larusso shared a look. Obviously they didn’t totally know what they were doing yet, but I had faith that they’d bounce off one another eventually…. Hopefully.

“Beguin, a new era” Mr. Larusso answered, starting one of his big hero speeches he was practically known for “Many of us used to be enemies. But rivalries, don’t need to last forever. The all Valley tournament is just a few months away, and this year the stakes are higher than they’ve ever been. We know that Cobra Kai is gonna use every dirty trick in the book. There’s only one way we’re gonna be able to beat them-”

“By kicking their asses so hard, they shit themselves” Dad interrupted. I groaned, flopping my head on to Hawk’s shoulder. And so it begins- oh no he’s pacing “We gotta take things to the next level. Gonna teach you an aggression stronger than anything Cobra Kai can throw at us, they strike first…. We’ll pre-strike”

“Okay- we’re getting ahead of ourselves, we are going to respond to what they do” Mr. Larusso cut in

“Eagles do not respond, they swoop down and take whatever they want! That’s what we’re gonna do, take back the valley”

“Take it back… in a measured and organized approach”

“We bite first!” For the love of god someone make up their mind 

“Okay let’s just warm up with some simple exercises” Mr. Larusso tried to get us actually doing something

“Alright line up!”

Now that we know how to do. We all got in rows in front of dad and Mr. Larusso, but of course, we weren’t doing what we thought we were.

“And just breathe, and follow me” Mr. Larusso instructed

Mr. Larusso started to move his arms, and taking in deep long breaths, the Miyagi-Do kids did what he did, while the rest of us just kind of stood confused.

“Fighting positions!” Dad shouted “Right leg back! Front kick ready, hi-ya!”

We all kicked, but Mitch accidentally kicked Nathaniel in the back of the leg, making the kid fall on his face.

“Shit dude I’m sorry!” 

“Okay- I’m out” I waved off, standing to walk away “See you all in hell”

“Ah ha, no”

“Get back here” 

Hawk and Demetri grabbed my hands, pulling me back towards them. The rest of practice that day went about as well as you’d think it went. We did some one on one sparring, Mitch and Bert started, they instantly went at each other, they were doing good but Mr. Larusso stopped them.

“Hey hey hey you’re just swinging at each other! Don’t you teach any defense?”

“Best defense is more offense” Mitch grinned

In his moment of distraction Bert jumped forwards and kicked Mitch to the ground, who ended up landing against a giant rock- oh that’s just poor planning.

“Why do you have a rock in the middle of your dojo?”

Demetri and Sam sparred next, they literally just walked in a circle around one another. Neither of them swung and for some reason Mr. Larusso thought they were doing perfectly…. This is ridiculous. 

“Alright one of you do something, what the hell is this?” Dad piped up

“Yeah that’s not really how this works, one of us has to be provoked” Demetri shot back, ever the know it all

Suddenly dad hucked a water bottle at Demetri, okay seriously dad? That’s just plain rude. Even if it might’ve been kinda funny.

“Provoked yet?”

Practice went on. We trained with dad obviously, but I did my best to listen to both of them, Mr. Larusso was good, I never doubted that, it was worth listening to him, but I kept it discreet, I didn’t think dad would like it too much and I was trying to keep him happy. 

A few hours later and we were inside Mr. Larusso’s cool beach house, Hawk and I were sparring together, which was one of my favorite things to do now that we’re back together. Honestly, having Hawk back in my life was the thing that kept me going, he was trying really hard to….. Be good, and he was doing a good job.

“Watch yourself pretty boy” I smirked, nearly getting Hawk stuck in a headlock

“Don’t make it too easy on me princess” Hawk took kick after kick at me, and I backed away or blocked them, until the last one I dodged, with ended up with Hawk’s foot through the fabric wall “Oh shit”

“You see, this is why we don’t spar in here” Mr. Larusso sighed

“Alright, who's next?”

“Dad-” I groaned, looking over at Hawk and Miguel. I was panting, Hawk instantly handed me my inhaler because yeah! That’s still a thing, I took a puff of air, still starring at my dad “He’s a man child- he’s a fucking man child” I sighed

Miguel and Hawk both laughed, pulling me into a hug. I felt like a lot was riding on me this time around. I mean, the All Valley was coming up, which meant I had to go back and defend my title, and we got a lot of better fighters this year, it won’t be so easy. And I know damn well dad’s gonna be riding on me and Miguel to beat Cobra Kai, which means I get to fight my brother again…. Joy.

-'|'-'|'-'|'-

Okay guys here ya go! Got of a lot of exciting stuff planned for season 4!! We'll see how much I can make your heads spin ;)