Which One

The next day at school I was just walking into lunch with the guys when we saw Kyler and Sam looking like they wanted to punt each other into the sun.

“Hey guys! You know that billboard with a big-ass dick on it? I guess Sam takes after her dad” Kyler smirked

I laughed along with everyone else. Sam had always been a bitch to me, why should I care what she does?

“Hey Kyler!” Meguel raced forwards

I watched him confused, what was he even doing? Oh shit- please tell me he’s not gonna fight him.

“Why don’t you shut the hell up and stop being such an asshole?”

Everyone was intrigued now. No one ever stood up to Kyler until Miguel showed up. But he’s got too many of them. Miguel versus four isn’t gonna cut it.

“You want another beat down Rhea?” Kyler shoved him “I’m ready for your lame-ass karate this time”

I cracked my neck walking over to stand behind Miguel, Aisha stood up along with me. Kyler shoved him back harder, I was about to jump at him but Miguel held a hand out. For some reason, at that moment, I looked back at Eli.

“It’s not lame ass karate” Miguel corrected

Eli gave me a nod, it’s not as if I was asking for permission. But having Eli’s approval gave me more power than I needed. Kyler tooka swing at Miguel, but he caught his arm, restraining him.

“It’s Cobra Kai” I smirked

Miguel took a quick jab at his face. Everyone watched in anticipation. Kyler charged at Miguel, picking him up and slamming him back on the table. He threw him from one table to another, before getting him into a headlock.

“Come on Miguel!” I shouted

Miguel did the same move he did to me yesterday, jabbing his chest to make him let go. He got around him, bending his arm back and socking him in the face. I jumped in, round house kicking Kyler to the ground.

“No mercy!” Aisha shouted

I felt someone coming up behind us.

“Duck”

We both ducked down. Miguel spun on the ground, foot sweeping Brucks, sending him crashing on his back. Kyler’s friends started to gang up on us, but me and Miguel used the other to bounce around the tables and lean on each other to fight them off pretty easily. 

We made a slight run for it, rolling over a table. I kicked a chair tripping one of them while Miguel used a food tray as a weapon to hit the others. We were completely kicking their asses. Kyler got up one last time, he charged at us but Miguel jumped up on a table, holding my hand and helping me do a new flip kick I’d been working on, sending Kyler to the ground.

Everyone cheered and clapped as they realized we won the fight. A teacher walked in, of course, but I was quickly pulled back away fro Miguel as a teacher came up to him.

“Hey! Get down from there right now” she grabbed Miguel, hauling him off to the office

I turned around to see who had grabbed me. It was Eli. I smiled softly, I was panting and exhausted, and feeling a bit dizzy. I hadn’t eaten much other than some crackers yesterday. 

“That was amazing!” Eli smiled 

“Thanks, but- why’d you pull me away?” I asked

“I didn't want you to get suspended again” he smiled bashfully

I laughed softly, shaking my head fondly and pulling him into a hug.

“Yeah okay love birds, take it easy” Demetri spoke up

“Hey, shut up” I groaned 

Eli blushed hard, making me grin. The blush was cute, I never noticed him doing that before. Of course he was just embarrassed by Demetri’s comment. No one would actually be interested in a dumpster fire like me.

~~

Later that day after school I was heading down to the dojo. I was a bit late, and Miguel had gone early to tell my dad about everything. I jogged down the side of the street when I ran into someone.

“Hey watch where you’re going” they hissed

“Sorry man I- Robby?” I looked up at them, getting a good look

“Oh- hey squirt, sorry my bad” he grumbled, shoving his hands in his pockets

“Nah it’s okay” I shrugged it off, watching his face “You’re upset what is it?”

He sighed, rolling his shoulders back and turning over.

“See for yourself”

I looked at him confused before stepping out and looking over at my dad’s car. He was giving Miguel something. It was some sort of white cloth. Hold on.

“Is that-”

“Dad’s old gi? Yeah” Robby nodded

I sighed, leaning back against the cement wall outside. My fists clenched again. I watched as dad pulled Miguel into a hug, and I got a sick feeling in my stomach, worse than any sick feeling before. 

“Shit” I hissed

Robby turned back to me, opening his arms, and I fell into them, honestly holding back tears. I hated it, tears were pathetic. They were weak and I wasn’t weak. Robby held the back of my neck, running a rough hand through my hair.

“It’s okay squirt” Robby whispered “Toughen up” I nodded against his chest, he held me close to him

“I am tough” I grumbled

“I know kid” Robby nodded. Despite us being twins, Robby always took the role of older sibling “You don’t have to stay with him ya know? He’s a shiteating loser, you don’t have to-”

“I know” I stopped him, taking a deep breath “I dunno I just...”

Robby pulled away from me with a soft smile. 

“Ya know there was one lesson dad never could beat into you” he chuckled shaking his head

“Which one?” I asked

“No mercy” Robby grinned “You’re one of the most merciful people I’ve ever met squirt”

I smiled softly. Robby scruffed up my hair before walking away. No matter what happened, no matter how many fights, or how much we fought, Robby and I would always be siblings, and there would never be any doubt that we loved each other.

-'|'-'|'-'|'-