prologue

WARNING: This story will mention drug & alcohol abuse, smut and toxic relationships (aka

WARNING: This story will mention drug & alcohol abuse, smut and toxic relationships (aka. manipulation and gaslighting). Read at your own discretion.

I will not be writing Rafe as a "good" boyfriend, but as how I think he would be, where his "loving" side is truly just gaslighting and manipulation. I do not accept Rafe's actions in the show or in this story.

This story will venture a bit away from the show, where lines you may be used to from a certain character may be spoken by another. Some scenes will be totally different, but I will be following the generic storyline on the show.

Enjoy!

INFATUATION ~ RAFE CAMERON

"I really wish you didn't do that." Rafe said, grabbing her by the arm, letting out a shaky breath.

Iris wasn't expecting Rafe to be at their dock tonight. He caught her off guard after she returned from a boat ride to help clear her head.

How did he know she was out? How did he know exactly where to find her?

He must've tracked her phone again after she had removed his tracking ability.

She had betrayed the love of her life. But he was a toxic mess. A killer. How could she stay with someone like that? And yet she still wanted to.

The high she got from being with him felt like no other drug she had ever touched. She was addicted to him. But if he wasn't in the picture, that meant that drugs would be. Cocaine. The thing that she craved daily and ironically, so did he. But she couldn't touch that again, not after her hospitalization and the news she received.

But she was afraid of him. This wasn't the Rafe she knew. He had become such a different person in the last few months.

Did she really just not know him at all?

"I had to tell the truth, Rafe." Iris whispered as she looked up at him in fear.

He looked down at her, with shock and guilt written all over his face as his jaw dropped open and he let out a sigh.

"You betrayed me." He furrowed his brows, tears forming, "You betrayed what we had Iris. Did you forget what we had?"

"I had to protect myself, Rafe." Iris' eyes watered as she tried to look away from him, "I told you that this was a possibility."

She wanted to run, but there was no way she was getting out of his grasp.

He could practically smell the fear dripping out of her body. And honestly, it broke his heart, whatever was left of it.

Tears silently rolled down Rafe's cheeks as he grabbed her tighter, "You're afraid of me."

"You killed someone." Iris whispered, "You shot your sister, you, you-"

Rafe shook his head and rolled his eyes at her statement. He refused to believe he did anything wrong. He was protecting his dad. The other times he was protecting himself. How was that wrong?

"To protect my dad! He was going to die, he was in trouble." Rafe let go of her, tapping his temples briefly as she started to back away.

"You killed someone and you need to be held responsible for your actions." Iris sniffled, "And you really need to get help-"

"That's bullshit Iris and you know it."

Iris shook her head and began to walk away from him.

"Iris, no! Where are you going?" Rafe called after her, "Come back!"

Iris kept walking but she heard Rafe stomping after her and she began to run to her car.

"Iris, come back here! Iris!" Rafe yelled as he grabbed the back of her sweater, pulling her back towards him.

~~~~