eighty-three

Iris arrived at the Chateau with rage in her eyes

Sarah tried to talk her down from going after JJ, but clearly it hadn't worked.

"You!" She spat the second she saw the blonde Pogue, "How could you?"

JJ, being the only person at the Chateau, looked at her confused, "Am I missing something here?"

"You made a deal with Sofia to split Rafe and I up?"

"Oh." His eyes widened.

"As if, JJ. I didn't think you'd stoop that low." Iris sniffled.

"Are you guys, um, are you guys split-"

"That's what you fucking ask me? You don't say sorry? Or ask if I'm okay?" Iris scoffed, "What is wrong with you?"

"Iris, I didn't want to-"

"But you did! You did! That's what matters!"

"Iris!" Sarah called after her, finally having caught up with her, "Hey, JJ."

"Sarah." He nodded, "Look, I was upset, I'm sorry-"

"What the fuck is up with guys and pulling things out of spite when they're hurt from my own decisions? Why should I have to suffer from your bruised ego?" She yelled at him as tears poured down her face and he looked at Sarah in confusion as he put his hands on her arms.

"Hey, centre yourself. What is going on?"

"You made a deal with Sofia."

JJ wasn't stupid. Clearly there was something else going on, but at this point, he didn't have a right to know and he knew that. Now, that didn't mean he wasn't going to push it a bit.

"And I shouldn't have. I'm sorry." He paused, "Is something else going on?"

"No, but even if there was, I wouldn't fucking tell you."

"Sarah?" JJ asked.

"Sarah, don't." Iris shot back.

"We're here to talk about what you did JJ, not what Rafe did."

JJ's eyes shot back to Iris' broken face, "What did Rafe do?"

It had to have been bad.

"What did Rafe do?" He asked again.

"I'm not telling you, JJ." Sarah muttered in response.

"Iris?"

"I'm not here to talk about Rafe. Stop trying to change the subject." Iris responded, "Can you tell me why you made the deal with her?"

He refused to meet her eye, "You know why."

"I thought you were better than that." She paused, "Turns out you're just like every other guy."