eighty-five

So sorry this took forever! This is just a filler chapter so the next will be better I hope lol xox

Smut warning😈

Iris woke up in Rafe's arms, the smell of his cologne lingering within her entire room

Iris woke up in Rafe's arms, the smell of his cologne lingering within her entire room. Truthfully, she was shocked he was still here.

She had to admit, when he showed up last night she was slightly pissed.

Actually, no, she was really pissed, but she didn't want him to be aware, especially since he was semi-drunk.

And in classic Iris-Rafe fashion, she let him in, easily.

But she was still shocked about the island.

He actually bought her, them, an island.

How much of the gold did he sell? It couldn't have been cheap at all.

She wanted to ask more about it, but she also wanted to scold him. Was this his manipulative way of trying to get her back?

No.

Maybe.

No, Iris.

I mean, maybe he was being genuine. It felt like he was. After all, this was always something they talked about before everything went to shit in the last few months.

And the fact that he asked about the baby, fuck, that was a whole other conversation. It made her feel guilty and she hated that, because it was her choice at the end of the day. And she knew it hurt him, he had vocalized that a few times before, but never had he admitted to thinking about the baby, nor had he asked her.

She sighed softly as she turned her head slowly to peel back at Rafe, who's eyes were still shut, making her turn back around. She had truly forgotten how much she liked the feeling of his arm securely wrapped around her waist, ensuring the two were glued together.

Iris tried to call back asleep, she really did, but she couldn't stop thinking about Rafe, the island, the gold, fuck, you name it, she was thinking about it.

"Iris, close your eyes and go back to sleep." Rafe abruptly muttered from behind her awhile later.

He was in and out of sleep and he could tell she was overthinking. How? Once he was awake, he could feel just how tense her body was under his and he knew immediately.

"I've been trying." She muttered back, "But there's too much on my mind."

"Yeah, I figured that."

She slowly turned her body to face his, as they laid with their foreheads touching.

"Can I start saying what's on my mind now?"

"Even if I said no, you'd do it anyways." He said, finally opening his eyes.