fifty

"We could use the passageways, but that doesn't mean that Rose, Rafe or Wheezie won't see us

"We could use the passageways, but that doesn't mean that Rose, Rafe or Wheezie won't see us." Iris thought outloud, "But if it's just Wheezie there, she might be able to help us."

"Is there anything special in that room that you know of?" Pope asked and she shook her head.

"It's a regular old dining room."

"There's gotta be something. Wallpaper maybe? Something hidden in the walls or the floor?" JJ asked.

"Maybe. But they've had the same wallpaper and flooring for as long as I've been alive, so."

Now over at Tannyhill...

Rafe was in his head about Iris and JJ. He saw the fucking Twinkie pull up next door and he wanted to storm over there and strangle him. JJ. But he couldn't. Like what the fuck was Iris thinking? Clearly she wasn't. But he would make her think once again.

"It's all good." He breathed, "Yeah, it's all good."

Where's my coke?

He searched through his things, finally finding it as he looked around. He was in the middle of the kitchen, not the best place, but he'd be quick.

"Alright, alright. Just one." He breathed as he bent over and snorted the line, letting out a sigh.

"That's not gonna solve anything." The sound of Rose's voice startled him. He hadn't realized she was lurking.

"How would you know? Huh?"

"You've got a problem, Rafe." Rose said, placing a hand on his back in comfort as he shoved her off, going in for another line as she grabbed his things from him.

"What are you doing? Give it back to me." He said, standing up.

"No."

"Give it back."

"Ow!"

He reached for it, growling, "Give it to me."

Success.

He paced around, "You know what my problem is? I've got a stepmother who lies to me. You think I'm stupid, huh? You think, you think I believe that line of shit about how you can't find the gold?" He let out a breath, smirking, "Listen, admit it, Rose. Admit it. You know where the gold is, right?"

"Rafe, stop."

"Okay. You know where the gold is."

"Stop."

"And you just wanna keep it for yourself, right? You do, yeah?" He asked, gently tapping the side of her head.

"Don't touch me." She shoved him back.

"Yeah." He said, grabbing a knife.

"If anyone should be paranoid, it's me. You were the one that was in the Bahamas with Ward." She said sternly, watching him closely now that he had a fucking knife in his hand.