ninety-five

"Somehow we managed to survive the night

"Somehow we managed to survive the night. Things are looking up fellow Pogues!" JJ exclaimed as he looked around the area.

And yet, they didn't realize that by the afternoon, things would be drastically different.

Iris saw the boat out of the corner of her eye and she pulled JJ by his shirt backwards, "Sit down and shut up."

He smirked, "Yes ma'am."

She shot him a glare as she whispered, "Singh's men."

"Fuck." Pope muttered under his breath.

"JJ, you were right about Singh and his men." Cleo muttered, "But they're not looking for us."

"They're moving too fast to be looking for us." He replied as his brow furrowed, "Shit, they're looking for John B and Sarah. They'll know where they're headed. We gotta go."

The group quickly packed their belongings once more and boarded the boat, speeding off to try and follow the boat full of armed men.

"Hey, stay back, let's not get too close." Cleo said to JJ as he nodded.

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

The boat wasn't fast by any means.

It made for a incredibly long day.

Iris took out her phone at one point, just to try and Pope knocked it out of her hand, onto the boat floor.

"No."

"Pope, what the hell?"

"If you are on this trip, you are focused on our friends, not your Kook life back home, alright?"

"Pope, man-"

"It's fine, JJ." Iris cut him off, grabbing her phone and shoving it back in her bag, "He's right anyways."

Now Iris caught a glimpse and saw she had service, and a shit ton of messages.

Rafe.

Also, thank god for her international phone plan.

She also had brought multiple battery operated chargers from her house, so, realistically, if Pope wasn't being an asshole, she could use her phone.

But she wouldn't.

Not around them, anyways.

But anyways, it was a long, and hot, fucking day. They ran out of things to talk about.

"Guys.." Kie said, catching their attention again after twenty minutes of pure silence, "I think this is El Tesoro. The trailhead to the mountain is supposed to start here."

JJ glanced around at the camp, "Ah, shit. That's one of Singh's guys. What are we gonna do? We have to get past them somehow."

"You have that look in your eye." Cleo muttered.