eighty-one

As previously mentioned, Barry successfully stole the cross

As previously mentioned, Barry successfully stole the cross. Therefore, while the mixture of Kooks and Pogues were crammed in Topper's truck, Barry and Rafe were dealing with it...in an interesting way.

"This shit is straight out of the Pope's vault, bro." Barry said, gazing down at the cross.

Really, it belonged in a museum, but Rafe wouldn't have that.

He was too greedy.

"You don't think we can get more for it as it is?" Barry asked, "This is straight out of a church, bro!"

Rafe didn't respond and merely took a swig of rum before shoving it in Barry's hands. After walking away, he came back with a cover to put on top of the cross.

"This, Barry, this is how we turn the cross into untraceable money."

Barry put the bottle of rum down, getting another sheet to cover the cross, "Untraceable, huh?"

Rafe stared down at the cross and remembered the hatch that opened. He quickly walked to the bottom of the cross and flicked it open, pulling out a key before putting it in his pocket.

"You know, I heard some crazy shit that happened tonight." Rafe muttered.

"Is that right?"

"You know that fake cross we put in there?"

"Yeah."

"It was stolen." Rafe chuckled softly, getting another sheet, "Heard it on the scanner after I hacked into it."

"Shit, does sound like those Pogues, don't it?"

"Oh, no doubt."

"Hey, your girl back with them? Where is she tonight anyways? You didn't seem to want to let her leave your side the other day."

Rafe shot him a glare, "She's at home."

"Ah, home, sure." Barry chuckled, "Probably on the mission with those Pogues of hers."

"She's not." Rafe shot back, "She knew the plan for tonight."

But did she?

"Alright, my bad."

"I'd pay half the value of this just to see the look on their faces when they opened the box."

"I bet you would." Barry said, crouching down as Rafe joined him, "You know what the melting point of gold is, Country Club? 1,948 degrees. Hot enough to melt me and you. I got to be honest with you, dog. I don't know if I got this in me, bro."

"I do."

"Yeah, I knew you did." Barry chuckled, "It's all yours, Country Club."

Rafe lit the match, throwing it in, at the cross itself, and the flame continued to grow.