eighty-four

Rafe spent the day with Barry, selling gold everywhere that they could

And they made a shit ton of money.

So, when they got back to Tannyhill and split it up, Rafe wanted to begin looking into Greek islands, but Barry had other plans.

Thankfully, Ward had left. Rafe hoped he went back to Guadeloupe.

"Let's have a drink to celebrate, Country Club."

"Ah, Barry, you know, I got shit to do-"

"One drink!"

Rafe gave in, "Fine."

"You got whiskey?"

"On it." He nodded as he prepared two glasses and sat down on the couch beside Barry.

"Let's cheers to today, man! We're gonna be filthy rich!"

"Whoo!" Rafe yelled as they clinked their glasses together.

"It ain't a bad plan, man. That shit really did work, didn't it?"

"What'd I say?" Rafe smirked.

"Only one real way I see this shit falling through for."

"Yeah? How's that?"

"With your pops, Rafe." Barry looked over at Rafe, who seemed confused, "Yeah, see, uh-"

"What do you mean, my pops?"

"Think about this shit, bro. Your dad has confessed to killing a whole raft full of folks, ain't he? But the only body that we have, Rafe, is Sheriff Pete."

Rafe took a drink to calm the anger he felt burning through his body as Barry continued to talk.

"And your daddy didn't kill Sheriff Pete, Rafe." He paused, "You did."

"Hey, we're not talking about this right now, okay?" Rafe gulped as he tried to control his frustration, which Barry took note of.

"We're good bro! You had to save your dad, I respect that shit and then he took the fall for you. But think about it from his perspective, because the only thing standing between the life he used to live and the life he's living now is you, Rafe." Barry paused, "I don't give a damn how religious, self-righteous you think your daddy is. Sooner or later, he's gonna realize it's you or him. What do you think he's going to do? So if I were you, I'd move to get him off the battlefield before he starts squawking, but that's just me. You do you, Country Club."

Fuck.

He kind of had a point.

Down at the beach, Topper, Jack and Iris were having a blast.

"Top, did you see that? I've never surfed a wave like that!" Iris beamed as she ran out of the water.

"Trust me, Iris, I saw it." Topper said as he glanced at Jack, who was still surfing, "Can I talk to you for a second?"