seventy-one

"Iris, how'd you manage to get this boat?" Pope asked as Sarah seemingly caught the guilty look on her face, knowing right away that something had happened

"You wouldn't believe it if I told you." She chuckled, "Come on."

The group began to walk towards the boat as Sarah noticed that John B was falling behind, and so, she went back to talk to him as the rest of them got on board.

"Yeah, so, I have a couple of questions." JJ said, looking around the boat, "A Lagoon 620 with twin 150 Volvos. You understand we can go anywhere with this thing, right?"

Iris smiled, "I know, it's kinda a piece of shit."

"I hope you're joking." He said, flashing a smile at her, "Way to be discreet, by the way. What did they want anyways? They didn't hurt you, did they?"

Tell him, Iris.

Tell him.

She shook her head, "No, no I'm good. I mean, you're not gonna guess what Singh wanted from me."

"What?"

"Denmark's diary."

JJ scrunched his face, looking back up at her, "Why?"

"I don't know, but he said it leads to a treasure that's a lot bigger than the Merchant."

"You're saying there's an even bigger treasure? Damn, sign me up!" JJ replied.

"Hey! John B, what are you doing?" Pope asked as John B walked past the boat, not getting on.

"I'll be right back!"

"Where are you going?" Cleo asked as he began to run.

"Be right back!" He yelled, "I love you, Sarah!"

"What the hell?" Pope asked as Iris shrugged.

They waited.

And waited.

For what felt like hours, but really it was only about thirty minutes.

"I can't believe he just took off." Pope muttered as Iris and Kie took note of the ATV sound as it got louder and louder, coming closer to them.

"Shit!" Iris exclaimed, "Guys, incoming!"

"No, no, no, that's Singh's men!" Cleo gasped.

"Why isn't John B back yet?" Pope asked.

"I don't know, he said he'd be back by now!" Sarah yelled in response as Pope groaned in frustration.

"Well, he's not! JJ, what are we gonna do?"

"Gotta make a stand. That's what we gotta do, it's the only option." He replied, pulling out the gun he had.

"What?" Iris yelled.