fifty-two

*THIS IS SUCH A LONG CHAPTER I APOLOGIZE*

*EDIT: THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE CHAPTERS DUE TK THE MEANINGS OF EACH SOMG*

Iris just needed to breathe. She needed to be by herself. She knew she needed to help the Pogues out, her dear friends, and she would, but they couldn't do much in the night. So, she was on her family boat taking time to herself.

The moon was almost full tonight, creating a nice light for the water. She had put her anchor down in the middle of the water, but she wasn't that far. She could just see Tannyhill and Tanny Valley lit up, but she only knew it was her house because she'd been doing this for years. Letting out a sigh, she pushed the CD into the slit and turned up the boat's volume, just loud enough so it would drown out her thoughts but not disrupt any one else's night.

With each song that came on, a memory of herself and Rafe flooded into her uneasy mind.

1) Fine Line - Harry Styles
2) Dark Red - Steve Lacy
3) Take Me to Church - Hozier
4) Wonderwall - Oasis
5) Clocks - Coldplay
6) Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift
7) The Chain - Fleetwood Mac
8) One of these Nights - Eagles
9) Bennie and the Jets - Elton John
10) I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing - Aerosmith

*FLASHBACK #1 FINE LINE - HARRY STYLES*

"Babe, you've listened to this album about 100 times and it came out yesterday."

"It's so good."

"Why don't you turn it off for a bit and come back to civilization? I'm only home for the weekend."

"Rafe, please. There's one song left, after that, I'm all yours."

"Promise?"

"Yeah."

"What's the last song?"

"Fine Line. It's so good." She replied, laying back and listening to the music, singing along occasionally.

"How many times is he going to say that we'll be a fine line?"

"Cut it out."

Rafe laughed in response, "You know I'm only joking."

"See? He's changed it up."

"Now he's saying we will be alright. He's correct on that one." Rafe muttered against the nape of her neck.

"The song isn't over yet."

"I know." He replied, pressing a gentle kiss on her neck, "Just wanted to tell you that we'll be alright."

"Of course we'll be." She murmured, feeling him smile softly against her skin as the song faded out.

"Now the songs done. Now you're mine."