seventy-seven

JJ pushed his way inside, something he swore he wouldn't do and yet, here he was

JJ pushed his way inside, something he swore he wouldn't do and yet, here he was. He weaved through the crowd until he was face to face with the blue-eyes beauty herself.

Her brow immediately furrowed, "JJ?"

"I need to talk to you." He looked away quickly, "Now."

She went to turn away and he pulled her back, "I'm not really in the mood for talking right now, especially not with you."

"As if you can be mad about everything!" He exclaimed, making her raise her eyebrows.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me!" She scoffed, "You were going to tell me to go back to Barry and fall back into my drug habit."

"Yeah, well, at least I didn't pity fuck you." He spat, watching her eyes change, immediately looking guilty, "Huh, that's what I thought."

"Why would you ever think that?"

"I don't know, Iris, maybe because Rafe told me." JJ replied, "At least he can be honest with me, unlike you."

"What do you wanna hear from me, hm? You wanna hear me say I pity fucked you? You wanna hear me say everything was a lie? What the fuck do you want?"

"The truth." He insisted as she groaned slightly.

"I told you the truth!"

JJ scoffed, "When? All you've done is lie!"

Iris glanced around briefly, not wanting anyone to overhear this anymore than they had and she quickly grabbed JJ's arm, pulling him away from the crowd as Rafe watched from the other side of the room, slowly making his way to them.

"The truth, JJ?" Iris scoffed, "Me telling you I loved you wasn't a lie, okay? Nothing on the island was a lie, okay-"

"Nothing in the island was a lie, but everything off the island is, right?" Silence. "That's the confirmation I needed. Thanks Iris."

"Everything alright over here?" Rafe's voice startled the two of them as his arm slid around Iris protectively as he eyed JJ.

"Everything's fine." JJ spat, "I was just leaving."

"Sure you were." Rafe smirked, looking down at Iris, "You okay, baby?"

"I'm fine." She replied coldly as she glared back at JJ, who slowly scoffed once more and finally disappeared back into the crowd.

"What did he want?" Rafe growled as his arm left Iris' shoulder as he now stood in front of her, taking a drink.

"You told him I pity fucked him?"

He shrugged slightly, "Yeah?"

"Why would you tell him that?"

"Because it was the truth." Iris groaned at his response, "What? You don't want me to tell him? Why do you care?"