sixty-seven

ENJOY 😉

ENJOY 😉

Rafe was placed in the study room when he arrived at Singh's. Originally, he was only supposed to stay for supper, but they encouraged him to bring his belongings inside, offering him a place to stay for the night if needed.

He closed his eyes, letting out a breathe. Iris, I hope you're by my side in all this. Make sure this guy buys the cross and pays good money. Please.

Meanwhile...

Not long after Iris finally quit staring at the wall, she decided that she would clean up. Why? Because it was her first time in a actual home since they left. She walked into the ensuite bathroom and smiled slightly. Walking over to the shower, she turned it on before stripping herself of her island clothes.

She still had Rafe's sweater.

It didn't really smell like him anymore.

Stepping into the shower, she relaxed the second she was under the warm water, letting all of her worries go. She took her time and was probably in there for a good thirty minutes. She deserved it.

But the second she stepped out, she began to worry once more. Not only about the others, but about her parents. Now that they were off the island, she couldn't stop thinking about them, and frankly, she couldn't wait to contact them.

Soon after her shower, once she looked more "cleaned up", she slipped the red dress on. She forgot what she looked like all dolled up, but she liked it. She just wished her friends were here with her and she felt guilty that she was in this position.

And truthfully, she was terrified about what was going on in this house. She hadn't been told anything aside from when dinner was, and she was certain she couldn't get out of that. She was sure the bodyguard would drag her downstairs if she didn't go on her own.

As the time neared 8, she began to get nervous, anxiously pacing around the room.

Back and forth. Back and forth.

She audibly gasped when there was a knock on the door as it opened and the housekeeper walked in, "He's ready."

Oh, fuck.

Okay, Iris. Keep it cool, calm and collected. You can handle this. You can do it.

"Uh, okay." She muttered as she followed the housekeeper downstairs, focusing on her breathing and trying not to have a full blown anxiety or panic attack, or both for that matter. The housekeeper motioned for her to enter one of the rooms, which seemed to be a study area slash dining room slash bar?

Taking a deep breath, she entered the room only to see a tall man dressed in blue suit with his back to her, pouring a drink.

"Uh, excuse me?" She asked politely, trying to get his attention and she nearly fainted when he turned around.