sixty-four

Six weeks

Six weeks.

Six long weeks.

That's how long they'd been out there, stranded in Poguelandia.

Some thought it was great.

Others, not so much, but they didn't want to admit that.

Their remaining parents had assumed that they were all dead. Of course, they searched, and searched, but nothing ever turned up.

The group did make an effort to have flags and such incase help ever arrived, but it never did, but again, some didn't fucking care to leave at all.

So, it became a lot of late night chats, truth or dare, charades, and plenty of sleepless nights.

They were also stuck with the clothes they came in, and luckily it was warm, so they were never cold, just too hot at times. However, that meant that they had to wash their clothes in the salt water. Not the greatest by any means, but it worked.

JJ had the food down pat. He got Iris under his wing quickly, teaching her how to hunt for fish and other food without a proper fishing rod. And to his surprise, she was good at it. In turn, she was also good at cooking it. Her and John B usually took turns cooking the meals for everyone. And Kie had a newfound love for finding coconuts for the group to enjoy as well.

Every night JJ would hold Iris, comfort her. There were a few nights they walked across the island, wanting to get away from everyone and be alone. In their defence, they were stranded. Iris didn't know if she would ever get home again, and frankly, part of her had fallen for JJ.

So, if she never made it home, she would be happy with the way she went out, you know?

Iris stared longingly at the blue eyed boy who held her gaze, "You wanna go for a walk J?"

"Uh, yeah, sure." JJ got up, putting his hand out for Iris, "We'll be back you guys."

"They are 100% going to fuck." Sarah said as John B snickered.

"It's about time."

"I'd say."

The sun was setting as they walked to the opposite side of the island, sitting down in the same place they always did, but this time, this time was different.

"You okay, ocean eyes?"

She nodded slowly, "Yeah."

"Are you sure? You seem off-"

Iris cut him off by placing her lips on his, but JJ pulled away briefly once she started to deepen their kiss, making sure she truly was okay.

"JJ-"

"Iris, what is going on?"

"I want to, I want, uh, god-"

JJ finally clued in, his mouth forming an "o" as he smirked slightly, "Well, miss, you could've just asked."