nine

The next morning, Mrs

The next morning, Mrs. Thornton noticed the boat was missing. She grilled Topper about it, who had no clue where it went, even though he used it last. They searched the water, only to find it at the bottom, filled with water. And she was furious, blaming it all on Topper, who for once, did nothing.

This came down to the Pogues, specifically JJ and Pope, just to get back on what they did to Pope. Would it backfire? Yeah, it was likely. But in the meantime, they didn't care.

Topper filled in Rafe and Kelce on what had went down during their gym session later that afternoon.

"It's always my fault, no matter what. She just wants me to be this little robot that checks her boxes." Topper shook his head, frustratedly, "You know what I mean? SAT prep, check! Serving food at the shelter, check! I mean, I do, I literally do everything she wants and I'm fucking sick of it."

"Well, we all know who did it, right?" Rafe panted as he put down the barbell.

"It was that little geek, Pope." Kelce turned to face Topper.

"Pope, yeah." Topper nodded, "Rafe, if you wouldn't have jumped him on the golf course, I'd still have a boat, right?"

"Sorry if I, uh, had your back after some Pogue put a, put a gun to your head." Rafe said, walking over to Topper and Kelce, "Listen man, I am not the enemy here. Am I the enemy here? I'm not the enemy."

Rafe looked to Kelce for reassurance and got a quick response from him, "No."

"I didn't sink the boat, Pope did." Rafe put a hand on Topper's shoulder.

"Okay, all right."

"And you need to force him to take some personal responsibility, bro." Rafe tapped the sides of his temple.

"Bro, he sank the boat, all right? That shit can't stand." Kelce chimed in.

"So, what are you gonna do about it?" Rafe asked as he chewed his gum.

Topper looked off to the side. He had a few ideas, but he wasn't sure they were worthy enough yet. And Rafe had ideas, way worse than Topper's, but he would wait before sharing them.

The two of them sat outside of Heyward's in Topper's jeep, taunting Pope. It was creepy actually, the way they were both just staring at him, watching his every move. Pope finally noticed, glancing up as he saw Topper wearing a stone cold expression and Rafe kissed the air, making Pope begin to worry. In turn, Rafe laughed to himself over how weak someone could be, and he and Topper shared a look, knowing they got in his head.

Iris was still laying in bed when Rafe came around after taunting Pope. He wouldn't let her know what was going on there, he wanted to keep her as safe as possible. Plus, he knew she wouldn't like it. She had some sort of weird relationship with the Pogues recently. Rafe climbed into her bed beside her and pulled her into his arms.