four

Iris woke up to her head pounding and her eyes were swollen

Iris woke up to her head pounding and her eyes were swollen. She had cried herself to sleep again last night.

And all she could think of were JJ's words.

"Yeah, that's what dating Rafe Cameron will do to you. You'll end up all drugged up like he is."

Not true. Not in the slightest.

Because she didn't need to be dating Rafe to end up all drugged up.

She was brought back to reality by her phone vibrating over and over and over-

"What?" Iris groaned, not bothering to see who was calling until she heard a scoff from the other side of the line.

"Wow, good morning to you too."

Tatum.

"Sorry, I'm just, I'm not in a good mood. What's up?"

"What happened to you guys at the party last night?"

"Yeah, where were you?"

"I showed up late and you and Sarah were gone. Rafe and Topper were just doing lines in the living room."

"Typical." She groaned, rolling onto her back, closing her eyes.

"Are you two okay?"

"I don't know. We've never really fought this much."

He's always sweet to me.

Unless they were fighting.

But it was true. They'd never fought this much and that worried her.

Iris felt sick to her stomach. One, she was hungover and coming down from a good high. And two, she didn't want to think about what would happen if things with Rafe didn't get better.

"Maybe you should talk to him today."

"Honestly, I don't even want to see him right now."

"Iris, shut up, yes you do." Tatum laughed, "Get your ass out of bed and walk over to Tanneyhill or else I will drag you there myself."

Iris laughed, "Okay, but first, did you spend the night with Jack?"

"Of course I did!" Tatum yelled as Iris pulled the phone away.

"And?"

"It's just sex, Iris."

"Whatever you say, Tatum." Iris heard a male voice in the background and her jaw dropped wide open, "Are you with him right now?"

"Shit." Tatum muttered, "Uh, well, um, I can't answer that, but I gotta go!"

Iris laughed at her reaction, "Okay, bye?"

But Tatum had already hung up by the time she said bye.

Iris checked her phone to see if Rafe had texted her.