eighty-six

This is kind of a filler chapter! Next chapter the Pogues + Iris will be reunited 🫣🤍

Also - smut warning (or blessing) 😈

It wasn't long after that Topper and Jack came around to bug Iris again

Only to be surprised by Rafe.

"Hey, Campbell." Jack called out as Rafe and Iris walked down the stairs, "Come out come out wherever you are. We're going surfing-"

He was cut off by Rafe, "Morning, Jack."

"Shit, hey, hey Rafe."

"Rafe! Hey." Topper exclaimed, "Did you two, hey, did you two talk?"

"Yeah." They said at the same time.

"Great! Uh, are things patched up now or?"

Glancing at each other briefly, they both looked back at Topper, "Yeah."

"That's wonderful."

"Okay, do you two want to come surfing with us?"

"I'd love to." Iris paused, "But I have plans later, so I'm better off staying home today."

"Plans later?" Rafe asked, furrowing his brow.

"Oh shit, that's right." Topper groaned, "Kie's parents party."

"Yup."

"Kook central." Topper added as Iris nodded.

"Party?" Rafe butted in.

"Yeah, it's her parents 25th wedding anniversary. My parents were invited and apparently so was I."

"I wasn't." He muttered.

"You've been gone." Iris pointed out, "And I think I was only invited because I was with Kiara for six weeks. It's not like we're true friends or anything at this point."

"Right." Rafe replied, looking up at the two guys standing in front of him, "Are you two idiots going?"

"Yeah." Jack and Topper replied together.

"What, uh, what time is this thing?"

"I think it begins at 5." Jack replied.

"So, we've got until 3 to do something." Rafe glanced at Iris, "Because you'll want two hours to get ready, correct?"

Smiling slightly, she nodded, "That's correct."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go surfing."

Rafe had felt left out the other day and now was his chance to be with his friends, and his girl, like old times. Sorry, correction, to be with his friend, Topper and his girl. Jack was just...Jack.