two

"Are you going to tell me what happened between you and Topper?"

Iris had been pressuring Sarah all day to give her the latest update on their relationship, which Sarah had pushed back on.

"Yeah, but not here. Let's go to the courtyard." Sarah said and the two of them made their way outside.

"What if he comes to look for you?"

"I doubt he will." Sarah muttered as she sank onto the bench, Iris joining her.

"Sooooo, what happened?"

"We almost had sex and then I backed out again."

"Wait, what?" Iris furrowed her brow as Sarah gulped

"Yeah, I know."

"Well, first of all, do you want to have sex with Topper?"

"I don't know. I hate that I'm asking this, but how did you know that you wanted to have sex with Rafe?" Sarah gagged after asking, making Iris laugh.

"Um, I don't know actually. It was just heat of the moment and I was always attracted to him and I always wanted him."

"Oh yuck, okay." Sarah was clearly disgusted, "I wish I hadn't asked that, I mean, I've heard enough of you two at Tanneyhill."

"Yeah, sorry about that." Iris giggled slightly as her cheeks went red.

"Can I be honest?"

"Yeah, of course."

"I don't think I want to be with Topper anymore." Sarah admitted.

Not a surprise.

Topper was...well, Topper.

Friend zone material, you know?

"Then tell him and then break up with him."

"Tell him I don't want to have sex with him?"

"Maybe say you're not ready?" Iris offered.

She wasn't good at advice.

Sarah knew this.

"So I don't hurt his ego? Why do I have to protect him?"

"Right, whatever, then tell him you don't want to have sex with him and that you want to break up. Done!"

"Okay, you're terrible at advice." Sarah laughed, "But I need to break up with him as soon as possible. I'll probably break up with him at the party tonight."

"At his own party?"

"That's horrible, isn't it?" She winced as Iris shook her head.

"No, girl, you have to do what's best for you."