three

Iris walked into Topper's house that night and went straight to the bathroom

Iris walked into Topper's house that night and went straight to the bathroom. Locking the door behind her, she pulled out the bag of cocaine she bought from Barry earlier in the day.

She needed a fix and she needed it now.

Two lines were in front of her.

No going back now.

One line down.

"Fuck." Iris rubbed her nose and looked at herself in the mirror.

On the outside, she was the perfect Kook girl. The queen.

But on the inside, there was a lot going on. Pressure to be perfect and successful. Pressure to maintain her relationship with Rafe, who was equally as fucked up as her with drugs too.

And she definitely had secret mental health issues and abandonment issues because her parents were gone a lot and she had to fend for herself. So that literally also meant she experimented a lot growing up.

But she also liked being alone...to a certain extent.

"Fuck it." She muttered to herself, looking for that escape as usual as she snorted the second line, feeling the immediate burn and relaxation that overcame her, which didn't last because....

Someone suddenly knocked on the bathroom door, startling Iris.

"Hey, whoever's in there, can you hurry the fuck up?"

She recognized that voice.

It wasn't someone from the Figure 8.

Someone from the Cut.

Wait...someone from the Cut in a Figure 8 house? I'm surprised.

"Just a second." Iris responded.

"I really have to piss, so hurry up!" They insisted, knocking repeatedly, annoying her.

Who the fuck was it?

She looked at herself in the mirror, touching up her appearance before grabbing the remaining cocaine and opening the door.

Only to come face to face with JJ Maybank.

Standing there with a toothpick between his teeth, staring down into her eyes.

JJ scoffed, looking her up and down, "Jesus Campbell, what took you so long?"

"Mind your own business, Maybank. Why the fuck are you on this side of the island? You, at a Kook party? I'm shocked!"

"It's a party. You know how much I love a party." He winked at her before he twirled the toothpick, looking her up and down again, before locking eyes with her once more, "Why do you look like that?"