eighty-seven

Rafe toyed with the idea of going to the Carrera party

Rafe toyed with the idea of going to the Carrera party. He wanted to, but he didn't. He wasn't invited after all, but he could be Iris' plus one.

He stared at her in her pink dress. She looked beautiful, as always. Her cheeks were sun kissed and the rest of her body had a slight tan so far.

"You look beautiful." He pecked her cheek.

"Thank you." She eyed his outfit briefly as he was wearing a button-up shirt and pants, "Did you decide to crash the party?"

He shrugged, "Maybe. We'll see."

"If you do, be civil, okay?"

"What else would I be?"

She shot him a playful glare, "I mean it. We have to stop running into incidents like today."

"That was his fault."

"I know." She quickly replied, "And honestly, you handled it better than you used to."

Rafe nodded, acknowledging her comment about the fact that he had grown in a way.

"Iris, honey? Are you ready? Your father and I are leaving now!" Lily called up.

"Be down in a minute!" Iris called back as she quickly looked over her appearance again in the mirror, "You good?"

Rafe nodded again as he took her hand and the two walked down the stairs.

"Rafe! Are you coming too?" Lily asked, "Oh Iris, you look wonderful!"

"Thanks mom."

"Um, I wasn't exactly invited so, I'm not sure if I should go." Rafe spoke up.

"Pop in for a bit, why don't you?" Rich offered, "The Carreras thought highly of your family."

Yeah, bull fucking shit.

Actually, no, they did think highly of the Cameron's and Campbell's. They just didn't exactly get along with the kids mainly because of Kiara.

"Just for a bit." Rafe said, "I guess I can mingle with my dads friends I haven't seen in ages"

"Exactly, son." Rich said, offering him a reassuring smile.

Little did Rafe know, Ward would be watching over his every move tonight, but he'd find that out later.

"Alright, let's go. We all know I don't like to be late!" Lily exclaimed.

"You look wonderful, honey." Rich said to Iris as she smiled at him.

"Thank you dad."

Lily and Rich went in a separate car from Rafe and Iris, just incase they had to flee at some point during the evening.

Rafe's fingers drew circles on Iris bare thigh as she swatted his hand away.

"Why?" He groaned.

"You're making me all fuzzy, cut it out."