ninety-seven

18

18

MONTHS

LATER

Iris glanced at her baby blue silk dress in the mirror, sighing. She figured it looked okay.

Her hair was blown out and she had light makeup on and some gold jewellery.

Her eyes wandered to the ring on her finger.

The ring that had only been there for a few months.

She knew he would be upset if he knew she was here at this event.

But he was bound to find out.

She was a part of it, she had to attend. Plus, Sarah begged her to go.

She hadn't been back to Kildare in almost six months. Why? She was busy and away at school. She was currently studying medical sciences and was in her sophomore year.

Her parents came to visit when they could, typically once a month.

*TWO MONTHS PRIOR*

Iris and Rafe were on vacation for her spring break. Rafe originally wanted to go to the Bahamas, to their homes there, but she suggested that they go somewhere else for once.

Low and behold, he took her to Greece.

To the island he bought a year prior.

"Rafe, this, this place is beautiful." She gasped as they stepped into the small house on the island.

"I know it's small, but the island was worth it, especially now seeing the look on your face."

She smiled back at him, wrapping her arms around his neck, "I don't care about the size. It's perfect. Thank you."

"Anything for you, my love." He replied, pecking her lips softly, "I'll grab the bags, okay? Take a look around."

"Okay." She replied as she walked throughout the house, exploring, loving each and every minute of it.

The view was amazing.

The house was amazing.

The beach was amazing.

They weren't far from Mykonos either. Rafe claimed it was about a five minute boat ride, so, if they needed anything, it was right there.

People had been taking care of the island and the house, as per Rafe's request. He had to admit, they'd done a wonderful job and it looked even better than he could've imagined.