sixty-three

"Okay, JJ

"Okay, JJ. Sooner or later, you've got to open your eyes. You're alive, but you're freaking me the fuck out." Iris muttered, still cradling him, floating in the water as she tried to hear what was going on above on the deck.

Now, Rafe watched Cleo let go of the rope for the cross, but Rafe wasn't letting his hard work go to waste and so he ran and grabbed the rope. He kept looking at Pope, who was still in the crane, waiting to see what would happen since the cross was still in the air.

And then it happened.

Pope pushed the button that made the crane let go of the cross, leading to it plummeting towards the ocean.

"Shit, shit, shit!" Rafe yelled as he held onto the rope tightly, getting pulled across the deck from the weight of the cross, "Ah, fuck!"

It had stopped, but it wasn't fucking easy by any means and he literally had no clue how he was even doing this, "Come on! Help! Help! Come on!"

Pope, Cleo and Kie fled the area as they watched Rafe continue to struggle with the cross, thinking that there was no way they'd be able to get it back as they all plummeted into the ocean.

"Help!" Rafe yelled again.

"What the fuck is going on?" Iris muttered to herself down below.

"Come on! Help!"

"Come on! Help him!" People came running and Rafe felt relieved.

"Somebody help me! Come on!"

"Everyone grab it!"

"Ah, come on, come on! Pull! Come on!"

And it was working. The cross was slowly, but surely, being lifted up, all while Pope, Kie and Cleo watched in defeat.

"Pull! Pull!" Rafe groaned, "Pull! Come on!"

John B and Sarah picked up Pope, Cleo and Kie in the lifeboat while watching the cross go back up the deck.

"I got you." John B said, pulling Pope up and then Kie, "Come on."

"Cleo! Holy shit." Sarah reached for her, "I got you. I got you. Come on. Guys help."

Pope rushed over to help pull Cleo up.

"My god, Cleo."

"Long time no see, girl."

"What are you doing here?" Sarah asked, pulling her into a hug.

"Where's J and Iris?" John B asked, frantically.

"I thought they were with you!" Kie exclaimed.

"No!" Sarah replied.

"Shit." John B cursed, "We gotta find them, alright? We gotta find them."

"Last time I saw them was on the other side of the ship." Cleo added.

And Rafe and the crew members were still pulling the incredibly heavy, and incredibly large, cross up, "Pull!"