00

THE PERMANENT GOODBYE
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 00

Purple Hyacinth symbolizes deep regret, it is a title given to (Y/n) (L/n) by the people who knew her well. This is because she did something that could not be undone, something that she could've prevented. And for years she had been asking for forgiveness. . .but she knew that her plea wouldn't be heard by the person.

Still, she hoped that maybe-just maybe. . .that person could feel the sincerity of her heart whenever she asks to be forgiven, wherever that person is. 'Purple Hyacinth' is a beautiful flower with such meaning, she is always compared to this flower that she thinks of it as a part of her life. 」

Kim Dokja reads what was written on the screen of his phone, (Y/n) (L/n) is a very complicated character in 'Ways of Survival'. He always had a hard time understanding how her mind works and often question her decisions.

The novel also doesn't reveal much information about the character, her backstory is also not completely uncovered. Nevertheless, he liked the character for her strength and weaknesses, she's a character who is very realistic.

She isn't as strong as Yoo Jonghyuk who was the protagonist in terms of strength or abilities but she's not far behind him either, what Kim Dokja admired about this character is that she's not someone who gives up easily and doesn't let her emotions get in her way even though she's too hurt inside that sometimes she feels numb.

She was a character that Yoo Jonghyuk considered a companion, so it was understandable why she'd end up dead. That's usually what happens to side characters closest to the main character. But still. . .

「 She didn't want to accept the fact she was killed so easily-no, she's still alive. She can't accept the fact that the one taking her life is not herself. She did not expect to be killed by poison-she always thought it would be painless but right now she confirmed that it is false.

Dying is something she wished for before, but now that she didn't want to leave the world, fate opposes the idea of her living another day. When did she get this unlucky? But she thought for a moment and chuckled, her gaze landed upon the sky. . .If they meet in the afterlife. . .would she meet that person? Would that person finally hear her apologies? '

Maybe dying isn't such a bad idea.' she thought. Indeed she lived long enough to accept death with open arms, she lived long enough to carry a huge amount of pain of sorrow that leaving this world created an illusion that she could escape this feeling, to be free. 」

Kim Dokja look up but instead of the blue sky that the character (Y/n) (L/n) saw, it was a ceiling-the ceiling of the office he was working at. He sighed, needing to process what was happening in the novel, this isn't the first time that the character died but the reason behind her death was becoming more and more cruel and sad after the last one.

And this time. . .this character will die and will not resurrect. She will not appear in Yoo Jonghyuk's future regression. Kim Dokja does not know if he should be sad that the character that he was so attached to will not appear in 'Ways of Survival' anymore or be happy that her pain finally ended and he will not witness her suffering restart. It was a bit disappointing that he know so little about (Y/n) (L/n) despite liking her character very much. Truthfully, Kim Dokja liked this character more than the protagonist himself.

「 "Will you just stare at me dying?" she asked at the person who came just standing there a few feet away from her body. "I won't let you die in my next regression." Yoo Jonghyuk says in his usual tone of voice. (Y/n) (L/n) giggled but it was strained "Because I am useful to you?" she asked, she's becoming weaker and weaker by a second. "Because you are my companion." 」

Kim Dokja could not help but feel sad, he's seeing everything as if he was there. Yoo Jonghyuk does not know the sacrifice (Y/n) made just to trick the bureau and the constellations. . .she would be erased in the world and no one would remember her.

「 "Who are you and what did you do to Yoo Jonghyuk?" even in this situation she could still joke around. When her giggle subsided her expression becomes serious, this is more like her. "Why don't you stay with me until my last breath?" she asked, more like stated.

"I will see you again in my next life," Jonghyuk said. "Lay here." she patted the space beside her that caused pain to erupt, and she groaned lightly. Yoo Jonghyuk lay beside the girl with an ominous feeling. . .the poison is escaping her body and will affect anyone nearby, still he stayed holding his breath. (Y/n) smiled genuinely. "You will not be seeing me in your next regression so please do not waste your time looking for me," she said, even though she knows that it is impossible for Yoo Jonghyuk to look for her because no one would remember her. 」

「 "What do you mean?" Yoo Jonghyuk was startled, he got up and stare at the girl. Her eyelids became heavy and started closing slowly. "Wait, wait. . .no don't close your eyes yet!" he exclaimed while lightly slapping the girl's cheeks but it was painful for (Y/n). "Yoo Jonghyuk. . .will you remember me? If you reach your goal will you remember me? Do I have a place in your heart?" Yoo Jonghyuk felt a pang of pain somewhere in his soul, his mind is telling him to answer. "I will remember you. Your story will be known by the world," he said.

(Y/n) felt her lips curved upwards even though she knew that she would be erased from this man's life, she'd be erased from his memories and in the memories of everyone who knew her. A tear escaped from her eye followed by a dozen more, it was her first time crying for so long that it hurts crying. "I l. . ." her statement was cut off as her eyes fully closed-they will not open again. Yoo Jonghyuk watched as life leaves his companion's body, she sank to the ground and Yoo Jonghyuk tried to pull her up but to no avail. She was gone and just after she disappeared hundreds of flowers emerged from the place where she died.

Purple Hyacinths. . .Yoo Jonghyuk picks one up and stood, he started having questions in his head, one of them is. . .where is he? Another one is. . .why is he here? Another question is why he's crying. He did not know the answer to these questions but one thing is certain. . .the emotion he's feeling right now is foreign. He stared at the flower in his hand, why is he holding this flower?

He dropped the flower, his gaze followed the flower as it fell to the ground. He feels heavy every time he took a step away from the bed of flowers for an unknown reason. But if he'd just listen he will hear the wind whisper something. 'You said you'd remember me. . .' 」

"This. . .did she tries to confess before she died?" Kim Dokja is staring at his cellphone screen with a blank expression. He blinked and hadn't expected a tear to roll down from his eyes.