15

"Heewon-ssi, you said you were good at kendo?" (Y/n) asked the woman, her brain functioning more decently now.

"Uh, it is a bit much to say I am good...but why?"

"You need a weapon for kendo." (Y/n) spoke. She glanced at Kim Dokja, wondering if he knows what she's thinking.

He does, why is she even surprised? Kim Dokja stabbed the body of the ground rat and started to cut it with a knife.

After somehow getting rid of the tough skin, he managed to remove the spine bones.

"Why are you taking that?"

"He's making a weapon for you." (Y/n) answered.

After cutting the cartilage leading to the leg and shaping it, the bone actually took the shape of a knife. He gave it to Jung Heewon.

"Thank you. Suddenly I feel like I'm back to the Paleolithic age."

"I think it's better to be transported in that era than living here," (Y/n) spoke.

"You need to grind it a bit more for it to be useful. There are rocks around so skillfully grind the blade."

"Huhu, understood. Captain." Jung Heewon started to grind the blade with a slightly excited voice.

Kim Dokja looked up and saw Lee Hyunsung watching the scene with a bit of envy.

"Do you want one?"

"Eh, you will make me one?"

"All of you come closer. It is better if you learn how to do it. Let's make it together."

"I already have a sword tho, I've acquired it in the special scenario."

(Y/n) has summoned the sword named Ikel. It was the replika of a goddess' sword, as said in its description.

It has very detailed carving on the handle and golden linings. The blade was sharp and it really stood out.

"Woa, how did you get one?" Asked Jung Heewon.

"I killed monsters for days." (Y/n) replied.

"Can I borrow it?" Jung Heewon tried to take the sword but her hand was burned.

"Ow! What the-?"

"Heh, that's. . . interesting." (Y/n) inspected the sword, running a finger through the sharp blade.

The others tried to touch it as well, but they were all burned upon coming in contact with the object.

They finished the preparations and started to move forward again. The 100 steps that Lee Gilyoung mentioned was right in front of them now.

[The sub scenario - Food Acquisition has begun!]

The ground rats crawled out from the ground. (Y/n) counted the numbers. One, two, three...there were exactly 18.

Grrr... The group of land rats drew a line and started threatening them. (Y/n) wasn't threatened.

"They look stupid, and they're giant rats."

The moment they crossed the line, the fight would begin.

"There is no plan. We are beginners. It might sound cruel but honestly, I don't expect you to survive."

"Don't expect me to survive? They are literally oversized rats," (Y/n) pointed at the creatures in front of her.

The others aren't sure if she was serious or was it because of the alcohol.

"T-That..."

"Still, all of you survive. Please." Han Myungoh was the only upset one in the party. Everyone else was nervous but looked determined. (Y/n) was glaring back at the rats.

"Okay, let's try it. Everybody, please live!"

"Then let's go."

As they took one more step, the ground rats moved. The battle began.

-•-

The party fought well. It was actually a little bit surprising for Kim Dokja.

(Y/n) was just standing there, she stabbed the rats that tried to attack her with her sword, as though they were fishballs and her sword was a wooden skewer. She will then chop the heads off, because she doesn't like the way they looked.

"U-Uhhhh..." As the people were struggling, one person was hiding in the rear. He couldn't even hide properly and was bleeding near the shins.

Kim Dokja pierced the last ground rat with the thorn and the surroundings became quiet.

He shook the blood off the thorn and looked at everyone. Everyone suffered from minor abrasions except for Han Myungoh and (Y/n), but there were no major injuries.

It was a great first victory.

Yoo Sangah and Lee Gilyoung relaxed and sat down, while Lee Hyunsung stabbed his spear into the ground and wiped at the sweat on his forehead. Jung Heewon lamented as she countered the number of ground rats in the vicinity.

(Y/n) was hitting the ground rats' heads because they were 'looking at her weirdly'.

"...Dokja-ssi, how many did you take care of?"

"Four of them."

"Che, I killed two."

"I got three."

"How about you, (Y/n)-ssi?"

"I killed five." (Y/n) replied, hitting the head of a dead ground rat.

The others sweatdropped at her actions. They thought it was probably the alcohol.

"Damn, she managed to kill more than we did, and she's drunk," Jung Heewon muttered in awe.

"Let's gather up the ground rats. We need to prepare today's food."

"Ummm...by the way, how will we cook it? We can't eat it like this."

"We can't eat it now but there will be a way." Kim Dokja answered too calmly.

There was silence among the party members. (Y/n) turned her head, stopping what she's doing.

Lee Hyunsung was the first one to open his mouth.

"Excuse me, I would like to ask you one thing."

"Yes?"

"Dokja-ssi, perhaps...do you know something about this situation?"

"That..."

"A-Aaaack!"

Kim Dokja heard (Y/n) scoff, thinking that it was just a distraction. He created a situation where he didn't have to answer.

"There is still one left!"

But there really is one. . .

"S-Save me...!"

And it was bigger than the others.

It dragged Han Myungoh into a tunnel by one of his legs. The nearest Yoo Sangah swung her spear but the situation got worse because Han Myungoh held onto her and Yoo Sangah grabbed (Y/n)'s leg in order to not get dragged, causing (Y/n) to fall and hit the ground face-first.

"Oh my god!"

"(Y/n)!"

"Grab this!" Lee Hyunsung stretched out the handle of his spear but (Y/n) was passed out. She hit the ground with such intensity. . . and she's drunk. Now she's being dragged and she was kissing the ground.

The ground rat and the three people had already disappeared.

Jung Heewon burst out. "Ah...I knew I was going to get cancer because of that uncle."

"...I'm sorry. I was too late." Lee Hyunsung spoke in a sad voice. Kim Dokja tapped his shoulder to show it was okay.

"No one could've done anything."

"Yea, you just shouted. And only one person's name." Jung Heewon deadpan.

Kim Dokja looked away, ignoring Jung Heewon's statement. It was reflex, you would shout too if you saw someone hit the ground face-first.

"Should we chase after them?" Asked Lee Hyunsung.