69

IMPERSONATING THE PROTAGONIST
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 69

“I think we need to find out about the people who attacked us. I’ll go straight to Dongmyo. (Y/n), Jung Heewon-ssi, and Lee Hyunsung-ssi, will you go with me?”

"You don't even have to ask..." (Y/n) mumbled. Well, he is the representative, and it's not like they will turn him down.

She stroked Mr.Smile's fur as he slept in her lap. She is wondering how he remained fat when he aren't eating his usual meals now.

Yoo Sangah raised her hand at Kim Dokja's words, "Then I..."

“Yoo Sangah-ssi will stay here.”

“Ah, really… on the other hand, more…” (Y/n) listened to Yoo Sangah’s voice and it sounded glum. Perhaps Yoo Sangah was thinking that she was useless.

'Why did Kim Dokja have to say it like that?' (Y/n) internally grumbled.

She's not usually like this but (Y/n) found herself giving Yoo Sangah's hand a comforting squeeze, "Sangah..."

"(Y/n)-ssi?"

“Not everyone can do the same things well.”

“Yes, I am aware of that.” Yoo Sangah smiled weakly.

"Let me finish." Yoo Sangah nodded, awaiting her next words.

“There are various reasons why you must stay here. You have things to do here. We can’t leave the Gilyoung alone. There should be someone to monitor Gong Pildu and to control the nervous group members."

Kim Dokja had to blink twice, this is so unlike (Y/n) that it feels odd. Sure she was caring towards Lee Seolwha and Sica but she isn't showing it openly...

He nods at (Y/n) and spoke, “Besides, the Hoehyeon forces must be kept in check. They might attack while we’re away. Gong Pildu is here but Yoo Sangah’s Binding Thread might be necessary.”

“C-Can I do this role well…?” Yoo Sangah spoke weakly because of her low self-esteem.

"Oh, stop doubting yourself. You're a fucking queen." (Y/n) chuckled. Yoo Sang smiled at her gratefully and squeezed her hand tighter.

[ The constellation 'Princess of Self-Ruin' is cheering for Yoo Sangah ]

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' says that (Y/n) (L/n) is turning soft ]

[ The constellation 'Celestia' hit the back of the constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' head ]

[ The constellation 'Serpent of Eden' is laughing at the constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' ]

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' says that there is nothing wrong with that ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' is nodding in agreement ]

"In that case… I will give Yoo Sangah-ssi a job position. What do you think?”

“Okay, I can trust it if it is Yoo Sangah.” Lee Hyunsung said.

"I'm sure she deserves it." (Y/n) asserted.

"If you wish then do so... Your Majesty..."

'Does she think that was funny right now?' Kim Dokja glared at Jung Heewon as (Y/n) gave her a thumbs up, biting her cheek so a chuckle wouldn't slip.

Kim Dokja has transferred some authority to Yoo Sangah.

“I’ll do my best...” Yoo Sangah bowed before slowly raising her head. Tears could be seen in her eyes.

-•-

“It seems we have arrived at Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Station.”

In fact, the entrance of Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Station could be seen in the distance.

The party nervously stuck to the tunnel wall and looked around. It was in case troops were waiting. But this worry was pointless.

Jung Heewon muttered, “It is strange. There are no sentries.”

The fact that there was no guards while Struggle for the Flag was ongoing meant that the station had already been eaten by another group. Once they've confirmed this, they immediately approached the flag holder.

[The station has already been occupied by ‘Dongmyo Station.’]

Kang Ilhun’s body twitched. His body was shaking like he was having seizures and his condition was strange.

Kim Dokja released the thread blocking his mouth and Kang Ilhun shouted.

“N-No…!”

“…What is this all of a sudden?” (Y/n) asked, confused.

“D-Dongdaemun… Dongdaemun Station…!” Saliva spilled from Kang Ilhun’s mouth as he stuttered. Kim Dokja felt something and unintentionally put a hand on his shoulder.

[The character Kang Ilhun is now a wanderer.]

It was evident that Kang Ilhun’s affiliation to ‘Dongdaemun’ had changed.

(Y/n) asked, “What is happening?”

“It seems that Dongdaemun Station has been taken over.”

“…Huh?”

Suddenly everything made sense to Kim Dokja. Yes. The people who leaked the information had this in mind.

“…A double trap..." (Y/n) muttered and Kim Dokja nodded.

They incited the Myeongdong Group and Dongdaemun Group to strike Chungmuro because they knew the two groups would die in Chungmuro. While the main force were gone, they wanted to take Myeongdong and Dongdaemun. The unidentified people at Myeongdong Station probably also belonged to them.

"Clever." (Y/n) let out an amused huff.

At this moment, Lee Hyunsung reacted, "People are coming.”

A group of people were approaching from the Dongdaemun tunnel. On the surface, they were a group with a considerably good weapons.

The man in the centre of the group spoke to them first. The man had a slim build and wore all types of items on his arms and neck.

“Eh, Kang Ilhun-ssi? Geez, you brought a needless load of crap to me.”

Kim Dokja tried to use 'Character List' but the man wasn't registered.

The man looked at them, “Is there going to be a self-introduction? Or…”

The group of men simultaneously pulled out weapons.

(Y/n) took the lead to reply, “We are from Chungmuro.”

“Chungmuro?”

At this moment, sparks popped in the air.

[Someone is using 'Explore Attribute' on you.]

[ The personal skill 'Mental Barrier' has blocked the attribute ]

He turned towards Kim Dokja and did the same, but his attribute was also useless to him.

[ The exclusive skill Fourth Wall has blocked Explore Attribute ]

The man stumbled like he had been shocked. He hesitated for a moment before turning bewildered eyes towards me.

“…I’m sorry, what are your names?”

Kim Dokja glanced at his group members. Two voices simultaneously spoke in possibly the coldest voice they could muster.

"(Y/n) (L/n)."

“I am Yoo Jonghyuk.”