49.5

[ A/n : Here is an orv fanfic idea that has been stuck in my head for a while, a crossover with Diabolik Lovers but will not be following either of the original plots— kind of vampire/high school au ]

-•-

Vampires are creatures from folklore that subsists by feeding on the vital essence of the living.

They are known as evil mythological beings who roam the world at night searching for people whose blood they feed upon.

There are many variations of their origins and what they are really like.

Humans think that they were just a product of someone's extremely imaginative mind, fictional creatures scientifically proven that can not exist.

"Miss Sakamaki, your presence is required in the principal's office." A student uttered from outside of the classroom, he was standing near the entrance door, holding a bunch of papers.

Yïen did not have to look at the door to know who is speaking, the voice was very familiar, and one that she disliked. Besides, the whispering and silent squealing are dead giveaways. It was her paternal half-brother, Reiji Sakamaki.

'Mythical Creatures And Why Their Existence Aren't Possible by Sacheii Mochii' was the title of the book that she is currently reading. She closed the book and place it under her desk.

'What bullcrap,' Yïen thought, the information that the book contains is utter bullshit. Especially the chapters focused on vampire folklore.

The only thing that the book got right is that they suck blood.

Yïen Sakamaki would know, given that she is one herself.

She stood up from her seat, walking towards her brother who is the newly elected president of the school.

"Do you want me to accompany you?" He asked, adjusting his glasses.

"No need," Yïen replied. Reiji gives her a small nod and the two parted ways.

The moon was full and isn't lonely in the company of thousands of stars tonight. It gives light to the dark places of the school.

The Academy that she studies at, operates a night school. The very first school to manage night classes in the district.

While striding through the hallways, Yïen could not help but feel uneasy. She feels heavier and heavier every time she took a step.

She ignored the feeling. Standing outside of the office's door, Yïen adjusted her tie before knocking on the wooden door.

"Come in," the principal's voice was heard. Yïen twisted the doorknob and entered the room.

There she saw three people, one being the principal and the other two were unfamiliar people wearing the school's uniform.

Yïen met the eyes of the two men and the feeling from earlier had worsened.

"Good Evening, principal. You called for me?" Yïen greeted then asked, trying to act normal.

"Ah, Yïen, my girl. These are the new students, would you be a dear and help them get through their first night?" The principal's tone of voice is sickeningly sweet.

Yïen took another glance at the new students who have both yet to say a word. She then turned her attention to the principal and smiled, "Of course, principal."

A familiar scent entered her nose, she resisted the urge to gag and forced another smile.

"My name is Kim Dokja," a hand was outstretched in front of Yïen. It belongs to the man with a thin face and pale skin.

She examines his face discretely before shaking his hands. She noticed his expression, probably taken aback by how cold her hand is. It's comparable to touching solid ice.  She then turned towards the other newbie.

"Yoo Jonghyuk," he uttered, clearly not in the mood in holding small conversations.

Yïen gritted her teeth subtly, the smell was becoming more and more unbearable by the second.

"Excuse me, principal. Can I use the bathroom before showing them around the school? It will be quick." Yïen uttered.

"Of course." The principal smiled kindly at her. Yïen nodded and hurriedly left the room.

She breathes out a sigh of relief. Clicking her tongue, she pulled out her phone from her pocket and texted her brother, Reiji.

| Meet me at the rooftop after class.

Yïen could not have been mistaken. That filthy stench. . .

It could only belong to a vampire hunter.