12

The next morning, Kim Dokja was almost out of supplies. Jung Heewon stared at the convenience store bags as if she couldn’t believe it.

“Oh my god, it is sold out?”

“Yes.”

"I still can't believe you sold my food. My food," (Y/n) muttered, glaring at Kim Dokja who looked away to not meet her raging eyes.

"You'll see later," he spoke, (Y/n) huffed as she crossed her arms.

“Ha, really funny. Everyone was just watching and now…”

“Nope, it isn’t just the marginalized group.” The guests who came in the middle of the night weren’t just members of the marginalized group.

“Kim Dokja-ssi, you are making the worst choice.” Among them was Cheon Inho.

“You will regret it.” More than half the food he had was taken by the mainstream group. Of course, they paid the exact amount.

Jung Heewon was in a rage after hearing the story. “Wait a minute. Then the mainstream group will just monopolize the food again?”

(Y/n) was squeezing her brains out, trying to figure out what Kim Dokja was doing. She was becoming more and more wary but he also gained a little bit of her trust. . . if that even make sense.

“Something like that.”

“No, what is this? Weren’t you going to weaken the power of the mainstream group by promoting transactions among the people?”

“That’s correct. That was the intent. I wanted people to move voluntarily.”

“Then why did you sell food to the mainstream group? The situation won’t change!”

“It has changed. I have obtained coins.”

“Huh?”

“No…what is Dokja-ssi thinking? Sangah-ssi, can we really trust this man?” Yoo Sangah flinched as attention suddenly turned to her but then she smiled brightly.

“I believe in him.”

(Y/n) could not help but sneer, people are easy to trust. And the people surrounding her has put their trust on one person. That person is someone she is aware knows something that the rest of them don't. How else would he survive this far without a sponsor? Not like she has one herself. . .

There's just something about Kim Dokja that would make you think that he is aware of the tragedy that befall them.

“Dokja-ssi, did you leave enough food for yourself?”

“Nope, I sold it.” Jung Heewon’s mouth fell open as if she was dumbfounded.

(Y/n) pulled something out of her pocket and stretched out her hand to Kim Dokja. It was cookies.

"Here, I don't like sweets," that was a lie. "You haven't eaten right? Take it."

Kim Dokja hesitantly grabbed the food from her hand. He knows that (Y/n) likes sweets, it was something that was mentioned frequently in the story. Sometimes, Yoo Jonghyuk would bribe her with sweets to agree with him or do something she refused to do at first.

"Thanks," that's all he said and did not get a reply from (Y/n)

[ The constellation 'Celestia' is pleased with your compassion ]

[ 100 coins has been sponsored]

[ The constellation 'Princess of Self-Ruin' is moved by your kindness ]

[ 100 coins has been sponsored ]

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows, the constellations who seems to watch her intently is giving her coins for nearly every move she makes— not that she's complaining.