38

[ The constellation 'Celestia' has widened eyes ]

[ The constellation 'Tirek' is shaking their head ]

[ The constellation 'Princess of Self-Ruin' says that it is a bad idea ]

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' is interested in your plan ]

[ The constellation 'Ruler of Lithurgia' is silent ]

[ The constellation 'Asahi' is silent ]

[ The constellation 'Serpent of Eden' is having mixed reactions to your declaration]

"Do you know what you're saying?" Yoo Jonghyuk asked.

"Are you doubting me?" (Y/n) asked back, she started walking towards the tower with Jonghyuk following soon after.

"It's dangerous. We must kill it at once." He said, he is wondering why (Y/n) wanted to keep it alive when she killed it last time. She even cooked the monster's meat and not even an ounce of remorse could be seen on her eyes.

"If the monster did not comply. Then sure, we'll kill it. But give my plan a shot. If it were to work, it would be very beneficial. . . for me."

"What do you mean?" He asked. If she were to kill it, she'd acquire achievements and rewards.

(Y/n) just smiled and winked at him. She knows enough about Lithurgian Mythology to pull off her plan, and she is confident that it will end in her favor.

She's just glad that one of her classmates back in the old accelerated medical program she attended gave her a book containing Lithurgian Mythology as a gift. What was her name again? Sappy? Saki? Oh, Sacheii. . .

"You hang around with Kim Dokja too much." (Y/n) halted in her steps.

"That. . . you're not lying when you said you aren't the reason for my demise, right?" (Y/n) questioned. Just maybe. . . Kim Dokja wasn't lying to her after all.

"I told you, it is something unclear. It could be anyone." Yoo Jonghyuk answered, not really wanting to talk about it.

"We are near the tower, keep your guard up," Yoo Jonghyuk said to (Y/n) who was absentmindedly playing with the Yil Iron Cross.

"Right. . ." (Y/n) summoned the sword from the cross. Looking left and right for any sign of the Psion.

"Are you knowledgeable about Lithurgian Mythology? At the very least, the Psion?" Yoo Jonghyuk shakes his head.

"The Psion can only inflict a mental attack on humans if it can see them. It would be hard for it to remain hidden considering its size. He would have to show up to attack us. Of course, the creature could also attack us physically. It can even swallow us whole. . ."

"I have the impression that killing is in your second nature and there will be no hesitation about killing it, but ending the Psion's life is tricky. Don't risk your life and trust me on this one."

Yoo Jonghyuk did not give a respond. Instead he asked, "Are you certain that it will agree to become your familiar?"

"I could use a little force if the monster is non-compliant. If it doesn't work then I'll kill it myself."

[ The constellation 'Serpent of Eden' is looking down sadly ]

[ The constellation 'Princess of Self-Ruin' rubs the constellation 'Serpent of Eden's back in a comforting manner ]

"But we are to avoid that at all cost." She said seriously.

"You seem confident." (Y/n) smiled. She doesn't know the reason for the sudden confidence herself.

"Well, I just had the urge to match your vibe." She joked. But the statement brought back some memories to Yoo Jonghyuk.

"I'm confident. I learned to be confident because of the profession I pursued. I acquired some level of confidence because of the various talents I naturally have. I am confident because I have pride."

"But in this ruined world. . . I became confident because of you, Jonghyuk." (Y/n) in his previous regression stated, looking far away.

"Because of me?" He asked her. (Y/n) chuckled before nodding.

"I would've never gone this far if it wasn't for you. I look up to you. . . a lot. I wanted to be just like you. I. . . I'm really thankful that I met you, have I ever told you that?"

"And I'm very honored to be your companion. That's why I'm confident, I wanted to match the aura you create. I don't want to hold you back because I lack the confidence to face the challenges I would encounter alongside you."  Yoo Jonghyuk stayed silent.

"I hope it isn't weird to say this out of the blue but you held so much importance to me." She then left him standing there. Yoo Jonghyuk never would've thought that it would be their last conversation in that regression.

If so, he would've given her a response. He regretted not saying anything.

He wasn't expecting that in his next regression, they wouldn't be acquainted as much. He never expected to mean nothing to her. He did not like it, not one bit.

"Yoo Jonghyuk, you seem to be lost in thought." (Y/n) tapped his shoulders to pull him back to reality.

"Jonghyuk." He uttered, (Y/n) raises an eyebrow at this.

"Just call me Jonghyuk." (Y/n) became more confused. Why all of a sudden?

"May I ask why?" She asked. Yoo Jonghyuk turned to her, thinking of an answer.

"No reason." At least one thing would remain the same between them if she were to call him only by his name.