56

HALF-ASSED INCOMPLETE CONFESSIONS
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 56

Kim Dokja never would've thought that he would hear (Y/n) (L/n) apologize, let alone to him...and it sounded so sincere too.

The number of times that he recalled her ever apologizing in the novel was no more than five.

First, when she failed to save Yoo Jonghyuk's sister in her first attempt.

Second, to an unconscious Lee Seolwha where she confessed that her feelings for Yoo Jonghyuk was still present.

Third, to her dead brother after given the chance of returning home and finding out that her father has ordered to take away the life support that his brother is relying on to stay breathing.

Four, to Sica— when she admitted that she was using her to get over Yoo Jonghyuk and that the affection she shows her was all a lie.

And five, to the person she kept apologizing to. The unnamed woman that only appears in the novel twice, in (Y/n)'s series of collected memories and in the chapter where she died.

He blinked a couple of times, he thought that maybe something is wrong with his hearing. Until she said the words again...

"I'm sorry." (Y/n) spoke after minutes of silence, Kim Dokja has yet to say a word, he was just staring causing (Y/n) to become uneasy and talk more.

"Look, I shouldn't have lashed out on you and my words— most of them...I didn't mean any of it."

(Y/n) was getting more and more frustrated, not hearing a word from Kim Dokja. Of course she remained patient, seeing that she was the one in the wrong here.

"I do not hate you. I did not mean to say that, it was in the heat of the moment..."

"Is he... paralyzed or something?" Dion questioned, she could only hear it in her mind.

(Y/n) bit her bottom lip before breathing out a deterred sigh, trying to calm her nerves. 

"I'll make it up to you, alright? Just tell me what I need to d—"

[ The constellation 'Princess of Self-Ruin' has taken out her knife and stabbed herself ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' asks if anyone else noticed the sudden skinships ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' says that there aren't any complaints tho ]

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' is asking when is the second kiss gonna happen ]

[ The constellation 'Tirek' is asking the constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' when the two first kissed ]

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' says before the supplementary scenario ]

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' asserted that (Y/n) (L/n) was giving him air, it was cpr ]

[ The constellation 'Serpent of Eden' raises an eyebrow at the constellation 'Secretive Plotter' ]

[ The constellation 'Serpent of Eden' claimed that the constellation 'Secretive Plotter' is acting sus ]

"Can you not get mad at me again?" Kim Dokja asked, hugging her tightly as though they'd be separated if he lets go.

"That depends." (Y/n) spoke, since when did he and Kim Dokja became so close to share hugs?

"I don't want you to think that I'm a bad person. I don't want you to hate me."

"I don't hate you..." (Y/n) rubbed his back as he buried his face on her neck. She is at loss of words. She does not know what the hell is happening.

"I want you to stay by my side, (Y/n). If I ask you... would you do that?"

"Can you not leave me again?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. She wasn't expecting Kim Dokja to say these words.

"I can't exactly leave you. I signed a contract, remember? I just went away for a while to... think." She nervously chuckled. Suddenly her broken ribs did not seem to hurt as much as earlier.

But now her mind won't let her think straight. For a woman who has many experiences in terms of romance... well, not really— more like casual relationships or one night stands, (Y/n) (L/n) is fucking dense! Or rather confused and uncertain.

When they pulled away from the hug, that's when (Y/n) noticed Kim Dokja's eyes... has he been crying?

"Kim Dokja, you seem to care about me too much. I wonder why is that?" She asked with confusion written all over her face.

"You're more important to me than you might think." That just made her confusion worse.

"That is the most half-assed incomplete confession I have ever heard. But it's not like he could just say that he admired her for ten years... and she's his favorite character."  Dion thought to himself, only he could hear.

"We literally met just about a month ago." (Y/n) deadpan. "Are you a stalker of mine or something?"

"No!" Kim Dokja denied the accusation as fast as lightning.

She sighed, "You're a very secretive person. I won't pry into your personal matters... even the ones that regards my very existence."

She places a hand on both his cheek, lifting herself up to land a kiss on his forehead.

She is currently questioning herself if she's still the one accountable for her actions.

"You're important to me too, you've become important to me... more than you might think. I just realized that now. And I'm not exactly sure why."