88

LIKE MOTHER LIKE SON
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 88

Kenji was just staring at (Y/n) who was reading the letter not that far from him. He was stroking his cat's fur.

He feels a mixture of excitement... nervousness, and anxiousness. What if she doesn't like him? What if she doesn't like responsibility?

Based on her social media pictures, (Y/n) isn't the type to settle down and make a family.

His mother was quite the charmer— his Aunt tells him that she wasn't always like that though but then she becomes this teenager with a lot of issues and insanely good looks that both men and women practically throw themselves at her— not to mention she's rich as hell.

Based on the knowledge that her mother is basically someone who finds it hard to remain in a relationship for more than a month— yea, her mom has commitment issues.

He winced as Lee Hyunsung began to clean his wounds with alcohol, but he did not tear his gaze away from (Y/n).

"Uhm... what's your name?" Lee Hyunsung asked.

"Kenji."

Jung Heewon could not help but ask, "Kenji, are you (Y/n)-ssi's son?"

He stiffened as (Y/n) pocketed the letter and is walking towards them.

"Y-yes... but mom doesn't know...well, now she does."

"Kenji is (Y/n)-nim's son?" Lee Sungkook asked in shock.

"How is that possible?" Jung Minseob asked, that wasn't in the novel.

"Who is your father?" Jung Heewon questioned, curious about the kid.

Kenji looks down.

"Oh..." She muttered, then turned at Kim Dokja who was bandaging Mr.Smile's wounds.

Jung Heewon smiled and pointed at Kim Dokja, "That man is your mom's husband, so he's your dad. You have a brother back in Chungmuro."

Lee Hyunsung nodded.

"My dad...? B-brother? I-I didn't know mom has a family..."

"Are your wounds alright?" Kenji looks up at the woman who looks like a fucking assassin about to dispose of him.

He gulped and fiddled with his fingers.

"Fix your tone, idiot. Your son will think that you don't like him," Dion scolded.

(Y/n) cleared her throat, "I'll bandage your wounds."

"That's not any better, you fool!" Dion shouted.

Lee Hyunsung gave her the bandages and gauze and moved out of the way.

(Y/n) crouched down and started wrapping his leg with the bandage in a spiral technique.

"How old are you?" She asks.

"Eight."

The cat in his lap hisses at (Y/n), the cat awfully looks like her cat who is in Kim Dokja's arms.

"S-Sardines! Be nice to my mom..."

"Why'd you name your cat Sardines?" Kim Dokja asked, standing behind (Y/n).

"I thought it would be hilarious to call a cat a can of fish."

"Yep. Definitely my son," (Y/n) muttered, smirking.

"Not that I doubted it in the first place, just look at him."

Everyone stared at the boy.

"Now look at me."

Everyone looks at (Y/n).

"The resemblance is uncanny..." Jung Heewom mumbled, looking at the mother and son back and forth.

"I found her in the streets and I adopted her because she looks like Mr.Smile..."

Kim Dokja suppressed his laughter at Mr.Smile claiming that he looks nothing like the younger and arguably fatter female cat.

[ The constellation 'Secretive Plotter' says that Kenji is too pure to be your son ]

[ The constellation 'Princess of Self-Ruin' is clutching her chest at your son's cuteness ]

[ The constellation 'Celestia' says you don't look like you gave birth to a child ]

[ The constellation 'Chrysalis' is asking how you're still fit ]

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' said that Kenji reminds him of Kim Dokja ]

[ The constellation 'Demon-like Judge of Fire' says that there is a possibility that Kenji's father is Kim Dokja ]

[ The constellation 'Ruler of Lithurgia' is still in disbelief that you have a son with a body like that ]

. . .

Kenji flushed at the compliments— and coins that he was being showered by the constellations.

(Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows, astonished that the constellations are more concerned about how she doesn't look like a mother more than the fact that she has a son— and he's literally in front of her, talking to her.

She was lowkey-highkey internally freaking out.

Because image your eight-year-old son— that you don't know about— suddenly appears, and on the same day your best friend— who took care of him— died.

Not to mention that he was born when she was in a coma, a miracle baby— who by the way, knows about her and is absolutely selfless... fearing that he might change her life for the worst if he were to introduce himself.

(Y/n) has absolutely no idea how to react— but her younger self would surely mess up because of commitment issues— so she is partly happy that his son met this version of her— maybe she still has commitment issues but she's at least better.

"We'll be returning to Chungmuro, of course, you're coming with me. Can you walk? I can carry you."

"I can walk..." He tried to stand up but falls back to the ground.

"Yea no, your condition is worse than Yoon Bum's when Sangwoo hit him with a baseball bat."

"Yoon Bum has both his leg broken. Mine is only the left one."

"You've read Killing Stalking? You're too young for that shit."

"(Y/n)!" Kim Dokja exclaimed and (Y/n) realizes her mistake...

"Oh, shit— I mean shit! No! Fuck— I'll... just not talk."

Kenji chuckled, "Aunt Aera says that mom curses a lot. I do it often too."

"That's not something to be proud of..." Kim Dokja muttered.

"I won't do it around you then..." Kenji decided to mess with him, "Dad."

Kim Dokja nearly dropped Mr.Smile to the ground, jaw hitting the floor and face heating up like a volcano about to erupt.

(Y/n) blinked slowly, trying to process what her child has just said, "Dafuq?"

Jung Heewon was covering her mouth to muffle her laughter at the couple's reaction.