58

THE ACT OF RUINING THY SELF
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 58

(Y/n) (L/n)'s childhood and teenage years are certainly messed up... but it's not like her current adult self is doing any better— actually, scratch that, it turned better, thanks to a certain someone.

Her past is undoubtedly dark, and by dark, I mean the darkest shade of black but the future ahead of her is darker.

That future may have a chance of not occurring at all, thanks to Kim Dokja. (Y/n) is grateful that he came into her life, although their first encounter was rather grave.

But their first encounter that they believe was actually not it...

(Y/n) found herself in the body of her fifteen-year-old self, striding through the hallways of an unfamiliar school, a phone in her left ear.

She was covered in bandages and a couple of band-aids. Fortunately, her uniform at the time covered most of her injuries.

"Sooyoung, I can't drive you home later. I made it to the finals and we will discuss the location where the competition will be held."

"That's great. Congratulations!" The woman on the other line uttered, (Y/n) smiled.

In her peripheral vision, she caught a glimpse of a young boy— probably around her age reading something on their phone. She turned her attention to the pale-looking and a rather skinny man.

When the boy felt a pair of eyes staring at him, he looks up to meet that person's gaze. Instead of looking away like any normal person would in that situation, (Y/n) kept her stare.

The prolonged eye contact comes to an end when (Y/n) hit a wall, the phone in her hand hits the floor, and the person she was staring at earlier let out a silent chuckle.

(Y/n) did the same, finding the situation funny. She picked up the phone from the ground.

"Sorry about that. I ran into a wall," (Y/n) spoke, the woman on the other line laughed.

"Don't tell me it's because of a boy?"

"No. No..." (Y/n) denied, glancing back at the boy who still has his eyes on her.

To say that (Y/n) was shocked would be an understatement. Kim Dokja isn't any better— seeing his younger self from (Y/n)'s point of view.

It was their 'original' first encounter. Kim Dokja found it unbelievable, since (Y/n) is a character in a novel that he reads, she exists in a fictional world that became a reality.

This new information just made (Y/n)'s character more complex to him. (Y/n) (L/n) is a real person, not just a fictional character.

The scenery changes to a bar, or was it a club? Kim Dokja doesn't know the difference— he's never been in one.

A glass full of alcohol was dangerously near (Y/n)'s mouth.

"(Y/n), you don't have to drink that. It's eighty percent alcohol and you're lightweight." A woman spoke from in front of her.

"Don't be such a party-pooper, a shot wouldn't hurt." Another one claimed.

(Y/n) drank the liquid in one gulp, enduring the burning in her throat, and keeping her neutral expression... not wanting to give them the satisfaction of seeing her reaction.

It wasn't her first time drinking, but she always drink alone, seeing that she'd most likely pass out after a couple of glasses, but she was now nineteen, and attending parties and drinking with random people is a norm in her school. Of course, the teachers aren't aware of this— nor do they care, and they have no right to interfere.