62

CHUNGMURO REPRESENTATIVE
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 62

(Y/n) (L/n) had felt the strong energy rising in her body when she was fully holding the flag. That definitely woke her up. 

[ '(Y/n) (L/n)’ has occupied the white flag.]

[If the white flag doesn’t change owners in the next five minutes, Chungmuro will be under her control.]

[If the flag is snatched in the next five minutes, the timer will reset.]

A timer appeared in the air.

[5:00]

No one moved a muscle.

She looked at Kim Dokja who has his eyes set on the white flag in her hand. (Y/n) raised a questioning eyebrow, when Kim Dokja met her eyes... she instantly realized what he wanted.

"Why should I?" She questioned, of course she would give it to him, she was strong enough anyway. She just wanted to mess with him.

"I know you don't want the responsibility," Kim Dokja gave her a smirk.

(Y/n) narrowed her eyes, then she scoffed, "Honestly, you probably know me better than I know myself."

Technically, he does. Especially now that her forgotten memories are in his possession.

"Catch!" (Y/n) threw the flag in Kim Dokja's direction, a very (Y/n) thing to do. She could've just walked up to him, yes, but no.

Kim Dokja catches the flag swiftly, and just like what (Y/n) felt earlier, a surge of energy enveloped his body.

[ 'Kim Dokja' has occupied the white flag.]

The timer resets. Gong Pildu who has recovered from a near-death experience pointed at him with a pale face.

“Take away the flag! You only have to snatch it in five minutes!”

The alliance member belatedly regained their minds and started rushing towards Kim Dokja.

Lee Hyunsung and Kim Dokja called each other at the same time. Hercules’ Shield flew out of Kim Dokja's hands into Lee Hyunsung’s hands.

“T-This?”

“I picked it out for you. Throw away what you previously used."

A big smile appeared on Lee Hyunsung’s face.

[The character ‘Lee Hyunsung’ has used the exclusive skill ‘Wide-Area Defense!]

A translucent shield centered on Hercules’ Shield surrounded their party.

“Wah, what is this?” People groaned as they ran into the air shield. They tried to break the protective shields with their old weapons but it couldn’t be broken with E-grade or F-grade items. In the end, the alliance members had only one place to turn to.

“Pildu-ssi!”

“Out of the way!” The level of the Armed Zone had risen considerably and there was already a small Armed Zone under Gong Pildu’s feet. He reduced the area to shorten the cooldown time. He was using his brains.

“Pildu, get down.”

At Kim Dokja's command, Gong Pildu was slammed to the ground as he fell flat.

(Y/n) turned to him with a shocked yet very much amused expression plastered on her face. He gave her a cheeky smile.

“Keep your head on the ground until I tell you to get up.”

The perplexed alliance members shouted at Gong Pildu.

“P-Pildu-ssi?”

“P-Pull me up! Quickly!” The terrified alliance members tried to raise Gong Pildu up but it wasn’t easy because Gong Pildu was very heavy.

“And… it is annoying so turn off the turrets.”

[The character ‘Gong Pildu’ has released ‘Armed Zone Lv. 6!]

“T-This bastard…!”

“Shut your mouth as well. Stay silent for 30 minutes.”

[Under the terms of the contract, ‘Command Rights’ is activated!]

“Oof oof oof!” The alliance members became completely panic-stricken once Gong Pildu became powerless with just a few words. Of course, the same was true for Lee Hyunsung, Yoo Sangah, and Jung Heewon.

(Y/n) on the other hand, was thinking deeply, still, the amusement from earlier hadn't disappeared. She wondered if she could learn a similar skill... a shame that how Kim Dokja managed to do that wasn't because of a skill.

Kim Dokja said with a smile, “Now everyone seems to have figured out the situation and I’d like to talk to you…” he could see people wincing and withdrawing.

“Now you have two choices.”

“The first one is to leave Chungmuro and go to another station. Or stay here with me.”

“W-What are you saying so suddenly…?”

"Just answer me. Will you remain here or will you go elsewhere? You better decide before the main scenario starts. Or else your life will be in danger.”

The eyes of the people present started to quickly move. Someone looked at him, someone else looked at Gong Pildu and another person looked at the tunnel leading to another station.

(Y/n) could read their thoughts just by looking at them.

“I won’t stop anyone who wants to leave. But anyone who stays here will be under my control.”

She narrowed her eyes at that statement. Control. Did she make the right decision of giving the flag up? It seems to provide great authority to the handler.

“Control…?”

“Behaviour like the Landlord Alliance’ is no longer acceptable. I won’t allow tyranny over a small group.”

A handful of people watching him furtively started to stand by his side. They had been treated harshly by the Landlord Association and thought it was better to stick with them. It was a good judgment. A few alliance members shouted.

“In the end, you are going to reign!”

“I won’t deny it. But I won’t take taxes or survival money.”

'Okay, he's definitely fit for the job,' (Y/n) thought. To be honest, she didn't want to give up the flag— inferiority complex and shit. And she knew she would make a good leader, she was told that she was a natural.

But she has a feeling... that Kim Dokja would need the role, so she took a step back, dismissing the thoughts of getting the flag back.

Once five minutes passed, the system messages popped up.

[The sub scenario has ended]

-•-

Ayo, thanks for 80k reads my dudes!

I have a question. Is it just me or do y'all drop reading books when the main characters becomes officially together? Like... is this linked to commitment issues or sum?