03

THE SPONSOR SELECTION
Purple Hyacinth | Chapter 03

The subway stopped around halfway past Dongho Bridge.

(Y/n) saw sea serpent-like creatures outside. They were eating the wreckage of a fighting jet that crashed into the han river.

"Oh my god. ."

"W-What the hell!"

One of the ichthyosaur looked towards their direction. (Y/n) flinched upon looking through the giant monster's eyes.

"Uwaaaah it's coming!"

People screamed with fright. (Y/n) reckoned that she isn't as much frightened because of the alcohol in her system. What she is bothered about is Kim Dokja— looking apathetically at the approaching monster.

The ichthyosaur circled around the bottom of Dongho Bridge and vanished into an air bubble.

[Compensation settlement is delayed due to an unexpected scenario check. Please wait ]

'The compensation settlement should’ve started right now but only an error message floated in the air.' Kim Dokja thought, he glanced down seeing Kim Namwoo's body which only has the torso remaining.

'According to the original Ways of Survival, Kim Namwoon killed most of the people in this carriage and moved onto the next scenario. But I stopped it.' he paused. . . coming into a realization.

He wasn't the only one who messed up the original scenario. (Y/n) killed Kim Namwoo before the given time run out, the constellations would be after her. She didn't kill him in the novel, why did she kill him?

Furthermore, she shouldn't be on this carriage but on the other one. She should be fighting with Jonghyuk right now, questioning his identity and how he knows her. He would knock her out and proceed on his journey.

“…Dokja-ssi? Are you okay?” Yoo Sangah asked.

Now (Y/n) finally knew his name. Dokja, what an odd name.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t save the grandmother.” he apologized.

(Y/n) silently chuckled, "You never intended to save her in the first place, why do you find the need to lie?" she spoke, staring at the door of the compartment next to theirs. For some reason, she feels as though her name was being spoken. So, she slowly approaches the door, intending to listen to the other side.

But a hand gripped her wrist, preventing her from stepping another foot. She abruptly snatched her hand, rubbing it with the other as though it has been burned.

"Meow." Mr. Smile balanced himself on her head, walking in circles and laying down.

"What now?" she asked the nervous-looking Kim Dokja in a toneless voice.

"You shouldn't reach out to the other compartment. We don't know what kind of people is in there."  he said. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know what kind of people all of you are either. But alright." she run her fingers through her hair and sat down. Her head pounding due to a massive hangover.

Kim Dokja sighed in relief. The action did not go unnoticed by Yoo Sangah.

[Wow, amazing.]

A dokkaebi appeared in the air. (Y/n) has her eyes on the floor, about to throw up.

[What on earth happened here? I was just watching the other carriages…]

[For 21 people to be connected to my channel… Haha, isn’t this quite good? Gosh, thank you for your sponsorship. Constellations. Haha, everyone! Did you properly show off your value?]