40

"We've reached the tower, still no sign of the monster. The book didn't mention how to summon it." (Y/n) sighed and felt the texture of the tower with her finger.

"If the tower is destroyed it will reveal itself." (Y/n) shook her head.

"We need the Psion to destroy the tower. How can we destroy this huge-ass tower by ourselves?" Her fingers traced the surface of the building. . . she then felt the vines moving.

She accidentally controlled them, and she's glad that she did. The vines moved aside and revealed a blue gemstone emitting a bright light.

"Do you think this is the memory stone? The book said it will shine when someone found it." She asked Yoo Jonghyuk.

"It's not." He replied. He have seen the memory stone before, it was green and far more smaller than what they were currently looking at.

"How do you know?" She asked, still mesmerized by the stone.

"I've seen the memory stone before." He said. (Y/n) nods at him.

"Hm, I guess it wouldn't be easy to obtain such a precious item." (Y/n) snatched the blue stone on the tower wall nonetheless.

The ground shakes and (Y/n) gripped on the vines in order to not fall. The entrance of the tower is revealed.

(Y/n) peaked through the gigantic door and saw nothing but darkness.

While staring intently at the inside of the tower, she has spotted two pairs of red glowing eyes.

"The Psion. . ." (Y/n) felt like a moth drawn to a flame, reaching her arm out and walking towards the inside of the tower.

"(Y/n)!" Yoo Jonghyuk tried to pull her back but the door closes.

(Y/n) turned when the door shut close behind her. "It's a trap. . ." she clicked her tongue in annoyance, "Dang it."

She looked around for the Psion, preparing her mind and her body for any sort of attack but there was nothing. . .

Suddenly, a blinding white light enveloped the building for a split-second, (Yn) shut her eyes closed. The light disappeared and (Y/n) slowly opened her eyes and was met with a garden full of flowers. . .

Purple Hyacinths. It's all she could see. She does not know whether she like or despise this flower.

The first time she saw it, it was on her mother's funeral. It was her brother who brought it.

She thought it was beautiful, and she was saddened when she found what the flower conveys. . .

. . . Regret. She realized why her brother choose the flower to place above the her mother's casket as she was being buried deep in the ground.

He too, was drowning in regret. Maybe he's also blaming himself, for not being there, for being unaware of what was happening.

She wrote a letter to him for the first time upon having the realization. The letter containing words telling him not to blame himself. She did not get a reply.

One day she saw it in his father's room, it was her mother's death anniversary— but she knew that it was just for show, to save their family from further embarrassment since his affair has been publicized.

At school, one of her teachers gave her the title of the same name the flower has— Purple Hyacinth, because she always does things that she would regret in the end.

She didn't know how that escalated. When she entered law school, her father arranged her marriage with the son a business associate. Her memories were already missing then.

They became close friends because they share the same course and interest but they are just friends, and he was inlove with someone else. And (Y/n) knows that her heart yearns for someone else too.

She saw the flower again, when they are asked to plan the wedding themselves. He said that they will regret it in the future if they continued to be a puppet for their parents. He gave her a bouquet of Purple Hyacinths as a parting gift, telling her that he's planning to run away from home with the love of his life.

(Y/n) was happy for them. And he opened her eyes, because of him. . . she break free from her father's grasp.

Their engagement was cancelled but not because he went missing. . . he died, from a bombing incident in their company.

Soon after, (Y/n) heard that his partner took her own life.

(Y/n) saw a silhouette of a woman from far away. She advances towards her, walking in a normal pace.

「 (Y/n) (L/n)? Are you (Y/n) (L/n)? 」

The woman asked. (Y/n) furrowed her eyebrows, how does so many people knows who she is?

"Yes, it is me. . ." she replied. With her response, the woman turned around to face her.

She was a blonde foreigner with a short height. She is pretty. In the girl’s left eye, an ominous red swirl could be seen.

「 So we have finally met. . . 」

「 I was expecting to see you sooner. . . 」

"Who are you? Are you an illusion?" She asked, wary of her identity.

「 My name is Anna Croft 」

"Never heard of you," (Y/n) muttered, gripping on the handle of Ikel tightly, in case she make any hostile movements.

「 I don't expect you to know me 」

「 I wouldn't call myself an illusion but right now I only exist inside of your head. 」

"Why am I seeing you then?" She asked. She is sure that she had never seen this woman before.

「 It doesn't matter 」

「 I am only here to give a message 」

"A message?" (Y/n) questioned.

「 I've seen the future a number of times and I could not help but get intrigued by yours 」

"What do you mean?"

「 You don't have a concise future  」